Bruce Dickinson Solo Work

Accident of Birth, to me, is better than all but about 4 Maiden albums, and The Chemical Wedding isn't far behind. Tattooed Millionaire is worse than anything Maiden has ever but out in my opinion.

Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding are far and away above a good half of IM's catalog, and this is coming from someone who has been listening since IM's beginning. Re: his solo efforts though, I like Chemical Wedding just a SLIGHTLY tad better than AoB, in fact, it's in my Top 25 of all-time. Tyranny of Souls makes a good run coming in third, and I never cared for the other, earlier stuff.

I hated Tatooed Millionaire, but on Alive in Studio A, the three songs he sings off that album just come alive. Tatooed Millionaire becomes a real foot-tapper, actually. And Born in '58 becomes a lot more powerful.

I like his solo stuff, but it is one of those things if you come to it expecting Iron Maiden you won't be happy, Tears of the Dragon is one of my favorite songs.

"Shoot All The Clowns" is an awesome tune... can't believe it was left off his Greatest Hits compilation.

A couple of my favorite Bruce songs are on Disc 2 of his Greatest Hits... "No Way Out... Continued" and "Re-Entry"... I like hearing Bruce in non-metal environments.

Very cool! I didn't know that so many of y'all on here were as passionate about Bruce's awesome & very Kick Ass solo albums, as I am!!!!
Damnit Bruce! Give us a US solo tour! We demand it!! ;) :lol:

You mean you didn't you catch him when he was touring the US supporting, "Accident of Birth"? ;)

I can't remember the year, but I seen him on the AOB tour at a small nightclub called, "The Caboose" in Minneapolis one summer evening. VERY small stage - like the size of the Vinyl stage at ProgPower. Adrian Smith and Roy Z were there as well and my buddies and me were in the front row -- stage up to only our knees -- with Bruce and Adrian dripping sweat all over us. We had to dodge Bruce's knee every time he put his foot on the monitor. We soaked it all in because we knew we were never going to get a chance like that again to be that close. Ahhh, the memories. :headbang:

And yes, "Tears of the Dragon" is one of my all time favorites from any band.

Bruce solo 9/10
Bruce with Maiden 10/10

Fave Bruce solo disc? ACCIDENT OF BIRTH!

Cool Beans! Ya know brother clay, I started re-listening to AOB about a couple of years ago, cause one of the old WREKage djs, bid told me to go back & listen
to it again, and after MANY TIMES of listening to it a lot now, since then I have to change my opinion and say that AOB, is just as good, or hell even better than "The Chemical Wedding" !!!! The songs are better! the music is better! It's got more catchy hooks & melodies too! Just a very underated Bruce album!!!
Bruce RULES on AOB!!!:headbang::kickass: