Bruce speaks ...

lizard said:
Grateful Dead, c'mon. the dead did indeed do a different set every night, you never knew what you might hear. and to say the dead phenomenon couldn't happen again ~ wrong. the jam band scene is thriving; it has just become more diverse, with many different bands making a living at it while back in the late 80s, the Dead were virtually by themselves.

The BEST live band ever, hands down, no discussion.

typical Maiden show for those that have not seen them ... chances are that nothing changes from this:

- steve harris foot on monitor ... shooting with his bass
- bruce running around from left to right
- janick pirouetting like a school girl
- trooper ... out comes the british flag and get waved
- iron maiden ... out comes eddie
- bruce makes crowd yell during hallowed be thy name

feel free to add your own maiden cliches ...

lizard said:
yup...I'd say any band that can play, at any given time, a three hour show drawing upon a repertoire of several hundred songs....

I mean yeah, sometimes improv just falls apart, but when it all comes together, its what the Allman Brothers call "hittin' the note."

you should pick up some moe.

Yes I should. Did you know that the Grateful Dead has over 1,000 songs? No kidding, at least that's what I've heard many times!

lizard said:
I'll tell you what...some of my fondest (and most fried) moments were listening to some sparkling jams and trying to figure out which song the jam was morphing into.

Totally dude!

This reminds me of when we went to see Bob Dylan. Let's put it this way, he played the same blues jam for about an hour and then walked off of the stage. No talk, no nothing. He completely abandoned any of the music that his songs had, so you could only identify them by the lyircs... and since when is that easy to do with a 60+ year old BOB DYLAN? For the record, we were in one of the last rows and he was playing keyboards (not guitar) with has back to us THE ENTIRE TIME. It was the worst show I've been to, but atleast I can say I've seen Bob Dylan. We smoked cigarettes and talked up in the rafters pretty much, it was still a cool and memorable time.

Oh yes, a thread on Mehden turned into a Grateful Dead discussion, this rules.

That sucks you had a bad Dylan concert Max0rz, I saw him when he was an old fucker and he rocked the house.

I'd personally give that title to Neil Young, but you're right! I've actually read that Dylan doesn't give a shit anymore, he doesn't want to have to play shows and stuff. Apparently he just wants to fade out of the showlight.

lizard said:
I love electric neil. Ragged Glory is a phenomenal album. and by the by, Young is Canadian.:yell:

hey Maximillian, pm me an address and I'll shoot you some moe.

Thanks much! Check your PMs :)

lurch70 said:
typical Maiden show for those that have not seen them ... chances are that nothing changes from this:

- steve harris foot on monitor ... shooting with his bass
- bruce running around from left to right
- janick pirouetting like a school girl
- trooper ... out comes the british flag and get waved
- iron maiden ... out comes eddie
- bruce makes crowd yell during hallowed be thy name

feel free to add your own maiden cliches ...

:lol: That pretty much sums it up.

According to The Flint Journal, IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson slipped and fell face down Thursday night (August 4) at the Ozzfest concert in Clarkston, MI after galloping up one of several narrow staircases leading to elevated platforms stage right and left during "The Trooper".

"Quickly leaping up and running to the edge to assure fans he was unharmed, Dickinson led the sextet (energized by guitar alchemists Dave Murray, Janick Gers and Adrian Smith and busy bass thumper Steve Harris) through the band's early years," writes The Flint Journal's James R. Chesna in his review of the performance.

o_O