Brucey on Metallica/Napstery stuff

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Found this on the Metallica Club board (along with a review giving St. Anger 10/10 amongst other things :) )

Here is what Bruce Dickinson said on a concert in Oslo, Norway the other day.

-The album is not out yet, but just take out your little digital recording equipments, MP3-players, sell-phones or whatever. Put this next song out on the internet, spread it around the world. But on one condition. When you hear the new album, if you like it, use the price of three beers to buy the album. That is what keeps us alive. If you do not like it, just forget it.

He then said following:
- We are not like Metallica

Bruce rules :headbang:

Ecstacy of Gold
Battery
Master of Puppets (Full Version)
Harvester of Sorrow
Sanitarium
Bells
Frantic
Sad But True
St. Anger
No Remorse (Ends with Dyers Eve Intro)
Seek and Destroy
Blackend
-----------------
Ride The Lightning
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
----------------
One
Sandman

Heres the setlist for the Summer Sanitarium tour Metallica is doing too, for anyone who is interested.

I only have one thing to say to that: !:headbang:

Or $48.50 if you live in Victoria... (Isnt beer more expensive there? I hope so, or that wasnt even funny what I just said...)

The new Metallica was the price of two beers, and it came with a free DVD! ;)

I thought you might drink at trendy inner city bars or something.

I payed 12 bucks a Stella Artois one day, if I was sober I would have cough in disgust and went, naa mate, i said a vb.

They should drop the 2 St. Anger songs for 2 older ones I think, its 14 minutes that could go to better stuff, King Nothing and Fuel if you want something from the Load/Reloads or maybe The Thing That Should Not Be and Disposable Heroes :headbang:

But whatever, its a great setlist :)

I wish I could remember the setlist from the Brisbane 1998 show. That ruled, one of the top 3 gigs I've ever been to (with Robbie Williams and Bruce Springsteen being the top 2).

I just read its a 2.5/3 hour set, and they rehearsed 18 songs ( ‘One’, ‘Enter Sandman’, ‘St. Anger’, ‘Creeping Death’, ‘No Remorse’, ‘Frantic’, ‘Invisible Kid’, ‘Fade To Black’, ‘Welcome Home (Sanitarium)’, ‘Blackened’, ‘Harvester Of Sorrow’, ‘Phantom Lord’ and ‘Ride The Lightning’). The setlist was just one of the sets apparently, not the actual one, so we shall have to wait and see, but still, sounds good!

I think 'Frantic' will be awesome live, but the other new material give or take. 'Some Kind Of Monster' should be good too, if the crowd can get into it.

Load and Re-Load are great, but the material on them isn't all that good live, but I would add 'The Memory Remains', that is great live. 'Ain't My Bitch' could also be good.

Also, would be awesome to see them chuck 'Disposable Heroes' and 'Leper Messiah' into the set on occasion also.