brutal recommedations (new member)

Brando666

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2019
hi all! im looking for new brutal jams. my tastes lean toward mathy, technical and dirty. not a big fan of melody in my metal. not a big fan of guitar solos. currently listening to Despised Icon, Botch, Ion Dissonance, Car Bomb, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Gaza, Cult Leader

"Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza"
actually had to google that to make sure it was a thing

dont think i can make a recommendation for you based on the bands you listed but listen to this

maybe youll like it idk

Reactions: CiG
Thanks Echo! Drummer is on point. Production is low... guitar gets swallowed in the mix, and the vocals are waaay loud. i would give it a second listen if the production was better. but yes this is somewhat along the lines of what i like. thanks again

perhaps some of the bands i listed are obscure, i dont know. im an old man and none of my acquaintances are into this type of music lol. a couple bands i do like that are probably more well-known would include Dillinger Escape plan, Carnifex, Job For A Cowboy, Oceano, Infant Annihilator, Meshuggah. the latter two are a bit heavy on the solos. i can dig some solos, just not the extended masturbatory ones... id break out my old Yngwie cassettes if i wanted to hear that lol.

Last edited:
ROFL
I understand your sentiment Jimmy. ive been playing guitar for 36 years. im just burnt out on solos and i think alot of the time they kill the momentum of an otherwise good song.
ive also been playing drums for 22 years... a top shelf drummer is clutch to me... alex Pelletier is one of my current faves
also i cant stand operatic vocals... PUKE!!!
i know, im pidgeon-holeing myself pretty badly but i guess i have specific taste
any suggestions jimmy101?

Reactions: jimmy101
ROFL
I understand your sentiment Jimmy. ive been playing guitar for 36 years. im just burnt out on solos and i think alot of the time they kill the momentum of an otherwise good song.
ive also been playing drums for 22 years... a top shelf drummer is clutch to me... alex Pelletier is one of my current faves
also i cant stand operatic vocals... PUKE!!!
i know, im pidgeon-holeing myself pretty badly but i guess i have specific taste
any suggestions jimmy101?
Yeah mate, Psycroptic are a great band that showcase off the charts instrumental prowess whilst foregoing solos.

Reactions: CiG
They're not. If you can't handle Devourment's production though that's pretty weak, especially since you said you liked dirty music.

Try this out:

CiG, WTF??? 10 seconds in and i broke my f*****g neck! Thats the stuff! THANKS!!!

That opening riff of Schematics always reminded me of some kind of deranged parrot.

i always thought of dying fetus as one of those bands that everyone has listened to, kinda like an entry point for music like that
Yeah i was shocked when i searched them up on pandora and saw that theyd been around since the 90s. Not sure how i missed them. back then i was listening to napalm death, obituary, death, deicide etc. needless to say i just downloaded their entire discog :)

Reactions: jimmy101
DEFEATED SANITY!!!

Pathology

Katalepsy
httpshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxY-jj7CpyE
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eShr8aA_tM

Ancient Necropsy

Omnihility

Cerebral Bore...

7H. Target

Abominable Putridity

Tech, these are all very good! Thanks!
Defeated Sanity: that blast at the beginning of Psalm! wicked!
Ancient Necropsy: might be an acquired taste lol, but will listen again
Cerebral Bore: excellent!!! loving the pig squeals
7H: prob my fave due to the mathy vibe

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity