brutal recommedations (new member)

Tech, these are all very good! Thanks!
Defeated Sanity: that blast at the beginning of Psalm! wicked!
Ancient Necropsy: might be an acquired taste lol, but will listen again
Cerebral Bore: excellent!!! loving the pig squeals
7H: prob my fave due to the mathy vibe
Tbh i dont like msot of those other bands outside of Defeated Sanity and a few songs form Pathology and Cerebral Bore, just thought you were looking for BDM recs. I'm more into technical death metal and fucking hate slam.

Reactions: Brando666
Tbh i dont like msot of those other bands outside of Defeated Sanity and a few songs form Pathology and Cerebral Bore, just thought you were looking for BDM recs. I'm more into technical death metal and fucking hate slam.
man, there are so many sub genres of metal its almost comical. i have no idea what's what as far as that goes
judging from what ive said so far, what genre would you say i am into?

man, there are so many sub genres of metal its almost comical. i have no idea what's what as far as that goes
judging from what ive said so far, what genre would you say i am into?
Best not to pay attention to genres. Generes are just handles for music critics.

Who gives a fuck? Categorising it doesn't heighten the listening experience whatsoever.

Who gives a fuck? Categorising it doesn't heighten the listening experience whatsoever.

Im not anal when it comes to strict genre labels, but the labels do have some benefits. For one, they can help narrow down the choices of bands you want to listen to, or in facilitating music exploration. They can also help with gig planning to ensure that the styles don't clash too much (which enhances your experience).

To the OP - I guess id say you are into brutal death metal with a bit of an emphasis on the 'core genres (like grindcore, mathcore, deathcore).

How about some Broken Hope?

Reactions: jimmy101
facilitating music exploration.

This.

Categorisation comes after the listening experience, nobody said nor implied that it enhances it. You listen to something, file it away as [insert category here] and now someone else might better discover it by exploring said category.

Fuck yes! I love that Infester album, so fucking sinister.

And yeah, I see what you guys mean subgenres have their purpose.

Reactions: EchoForever