Brutal/Slam Death Metal

As for guys who suggested me to look through the "Slam-minded blog",I did that many times.But it confuses me & I think it has new stuff not that much review for old stuff(I might be wrong though).
Yeah we mostly review new stuff but there are some occasional reviews of old stuff. Especially check out our "Band Appreciation" articles for our takes on more established bands in the genre. Also if you go to my last.fm page (click the chart in my sig) and look at my top played bands I'd consider all the brutal death there essential.

THANKS,MAN!!!I will check this out,and I think i'll need more recs cuz this slam shit is really got a hold on me I ain't having time to listen to my regular love Black or Doom now!!!

As for guys who suggested me to look through the "Slam-minded blog",I did that many times.But it confuses me & I think it has new stuff not that much review for old stuff(I might be wrong though).

About the blog, just check out archives. In fact, if you want suggestions, PM cookiecutter or V5 (V.V.V.V.V.), since they run it.

Slam death seems similar to "deathcore" to me. Then again, I don't really know much slam death other than Devourment and Dying Fetus. What is Waking The Cadaver classified as? Other than a complete joke...

Slam death seems similar to "deathcore" to me. Then again, I don't really know much slam death other than Devourment and Dying Fetus. What is Waking The Cadaver classified as? Other than a complete joke...

.. Just Deathcore. AKA Pop Metal.

But like Divine_torture said, let's keep it at slam/brutal.

I still need to get the Devourment DVDs. That's high on my list of shit to get. Cookie said they're pretty cool which is enough motivation for me haha. Bout to pop in Molesting and then Inveracity in a minute. Two of my favorite albums period.

Both slam death and deathcore have an emphasis on rhythm and breakdowns, but slam death comes at a from a groove angle whereas deathcore uses more static, hardcore inspired breakdowns. Peripheral elements like vocals are usually different as well.

Any albums similar to 'Extermination of Millions'? Those epic/apocalyptic riffs...I really enjoy apocalyptic feeling music. Kinda creepy. Anything else with that vibe? Or more so?

devourment isnt much impressive. they rip off Corpse alot but aside, most of the bands in this genre aree garbage. Waking the Cadaver anyone? It's death metal-gone-pop for teenagers. Making the intangible palatable. Job for a cowboy? These bands are just second rate because they cant play well enough to be legit

devourment isnt much impressive. they rip off Corpse alot but aside, most of the bands in this genre aree garbage. Waking the Cadaver anyone? It's death metal-gone-pop for teenagers. Making the intangible palatable. Job for a cowboy? These bands are just second rate because they cant play well enough to be legit

This. Completely.

:lol: Death-metal-gone-pop...

I present to you my gigantic, sweaty, and hairy nutsack, please suckle on it ever so smoothly.
And Job for a Cowboy isn't Slam or Brutal Death, and WTC has been widely proclaimed as average at best here.
Thanks for playing, have a nice day.

I am really into Pathology - Surgically Hacked album. It is relentless.

Also if anyone haven't listened to Mental Horror yet, then check their "Blamished Redemption" album. God of Pest and Flies from that album is one of the most awesome BDM songs. A quality album that every BDM fan should grab into.

I remember when Mental Horror were like the worst fucking band ever on the first album, then they suddenly got good. I don't think I'd call them brutal but, good stuff now.

I have not heard 'Blemished Redemption' but have their first two. I agree with V5 in that they were horrible to start. Their second was ok. Not really that brutal but fair enough death metal.

Pathology is good shit. I just got that like a week ago. Quite enjoyable.