Brutal/Slam Death Metal

i can tell the difference between brutal and slam and i like brutal better usually

but neither sounds like deathcore at all

219956.jpg

:headbang:

Since I have been without the 'net for a bit now, and since I don't wanna dig through a bunch of pages, what are some new things I need to catch up on in the slam world? Got a few bucks and I'm itching to spend...

I'm not sure if either are out yet officially... but Truculency and Awaiting the Autopsy's full lengths are both pretty good.

Personally, I'd wait for Devourment and/or maybe Guttural Secrete's new albums.

I'm a tad behind the crowd here, but I finally got Human Mastication's 'Grotesque' album. Fucking love it. Save for some bad production, but that may be half the reason I enjoy it.

It is a lot of the reason it has as much charm as it does. I even think the vocals kick ass. Totally abrasive; it sounds like he's swallowing glass.

Some of the riffing is much different than most slam. Very good stuff. Just bought Awaiting The Autopsy's album. That's a very very dark fucking slam album. Fantastic!

EDIT: Just ordered albums from Cesspool of Vermin, Truculency, Infinite Defilement, Corporectomy, and Abysmal Torment. May be a good week.

So I listened to the myspace samples of Truculency and Infinite Defilement. I'm fucking stoked now. However, Awaiting The Autopsy has to be one of my absolute new favorites. That's some good god damn slam. Right up there with Inveracity and Orchidectomy for me.