Brutal/Slam Death Metal

abortedcoronaryreconstr.jpg

This came in the mail today. I hope someone posts it online soon, because I don't plan on opening mine :p

I have both of their full lengths, I thought "Foretold" was the better album. Nothing that ever kept my attention long though. Not sure what's going on with the artwork, my cd cover is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both of their full lengths, I thought "Foretold" was the better album. Nothing that ever kept my attention long though. Not sure what's going on with the artwork, my cd cover is different.

Prophecy, Sintury, Pyaemia and Resurrected are like my fave :p if you have any recommendations for similar bands, try me!

Well Prophecy does seem perhaps a little above standard I'll give you that. I've heard better though :p

I just have this weird feeling that the band is missing something and I can't really put my finger on it.

Edit: Oh now I have my finger on it. The slams just seem somewhat pretentious, if only it was more aggressive or perhaps spontaneous, it would really get to me.

I haven't listened to their new cd. Is it even Resseurected? or some new bullshit sound.

Not sure, I have the old Perverted Taste releases, I don't even know what label they are on now. Last one I bought was Blood Something and it was kinda meh compared to the classics. I took a couple years off from music so there are a lot of 'newer' releases I've yet to check out.

Well Prophecy does seem perhaps a little above standard I'll give you that. I've heard better though :p

I just have this weird feeling that the band is missing something and I can't really put my finger on it.

Edit: Oh now I have my finger on it. The slams just seem somewhat pretentious, if only it was more aggressive and spontaneous, it would really get to me.

Check out Deafness. They are so fuckin brutal for their time and Deprecated. Deprecated remind me of an early Glossectomy.

This is definitly better than Deaden but it just doesn't catch my eye. Like V5 said, its amusing. Though in a way it has its moments but then it just sounds predictable. I think there was this one song perhaps, maybe "Diggin' A Pit" where it was almost well played out completely.

This is definitly better than Deaden but it just doesn't catch my eye. Like V5 said, its amusing. Though in a way it has its moments but then it just sounds predictable. I think there was this one song perhaps, maybe "Diggin' A Pit" where it was almost well played out completely.

is Hymns of the Sick any good?