Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Souls To Deny, obviously i'm a Suffocation fan though, I love every single album from them. I can't think of any DM band with such a perfect discography as Suffocation, except Death.

Thanks. I'll look into it, and I actually really liked the other new song by them too. Looking forward to their new one!

And I'd nominate Destroyer 666, Bolt Thrower and Carcass for most consistent extreme metal discographies. (Yes, I even like Swansong, especially the tasty as hell solos.) And Reverend Bizarre has 100% a perfect discography if you're into doom.

Thanks. I'll look into it, and I actually really liked the other new song by them too. Looking forward to their new one!

And I'd nominate Destroyer 666, Bolt Thrower and Carcass for most consistent extreme metal discographies. (Yes, I even like Swansong, especially the tasty as hell solos.) And Reverend Bizarre has 100% a perfect discography if you're into doom.

Not a fan of any of those bands other than Carcass, heartwork is the only album from them that impresses me to be honest, bolt thrower has always bored the fuck out of me.

I really find myself bored by Suffocation's later output.

So here's a brutal death metal band I've been in love with for years.
Gorerotted
They changed after their first two albums... then totally changed when they became The Rotted, I'd ignore those albums.

Great riffs... parts that get fast as hell... insane vocal changes, catchy stuff and they have a great sense of humor about themselves without becoming a parody...

Dont let the lame intro scare you away here:

Last edited by a moderator:
358895.jpg

Great blend of technicality and groove.

Regarding "Gorerotted"

If the songs were short I wouldn't of been able to listen to them, the production like everything you recommend if pretty fucking terrible on each song, the vocalist songs like an Aborted ripoff, the riffs are OKAY, nothing spectacular, I could barley hear them over the ridiculously loud snare,

Not a fan of any of those bands other than Carcass, heartwork is the only album from them that impresses me to be honest, bolt thrower has always bored the fuck out of me.

Not a surprise-- you like tech and prog metal, whereas I feel that tech & prog usually gets in the way of what I want from metal.

If you don't know this song by D666, 'I Am the Wargod,' check it out. It's more complicated but it all holds together.

seeing it live in '02 and '10 was religious.

Drain of Impurity--- Simple, lo-fi drum-machine a slam.
Grooved, repetitive and memorable mom's basement stuff for fans of Afflictive Emasculation or Intracranial Butchery.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa7U3Sr3Fm4&playnext=1&list=PL5605466D684F9505&feature=results_video[/ame]

Regarding "Gorerotted"

If the songs were short I wouldn't of been able to listen to them, the production like everything you recommend if pretty fucking terrible on each song, the vocalist songs like an Aborted ripoff, the riffs are OKAY, nothing spectacular, I could barley hear them over the ridiculously loud snare,

Just so you know, they started in 98, same year as Aborted, so no, the vocalist most likely isn't an Aborted rip off. If anything all those vocal styles together are imitating Macabre, the first band I've ever noticed doing it. I really don't see anything wrong with the production either but then again I was raised on the old stuff and you posted a periphery album earlier. There's a disconnect there somewhere.

Just so you know, they started in 98, same year as Aborted, so no, the vocalist most likely isn't an Aborted rip off. If anything all those vocal styles together are imitating Macabre, the first band I've ever noticed doing it. I really don't see anything wrong with the production either but then again I was raised on the old stuff and you posted a periphery album earlier. There's a disconnect there somewhere.

I was "raised" on old stuff too, its not like a started music with a Periphery record :lol:

I didn't know that, they aren't a bad band but Aborted just does what they do better, so why listen to it?

And I'm digging Russian slammers, Cranial Oseotomy

Vocals are too loud in the mix, but it's catchy and groovy as Soils of Fate and fun.

Here's one for Effigy--

If tech gets 1000% bananas and remains brutal like this--

--I have some appreciation. Not great, but a wild collision, often without meter.

The slam track you posted was pretty good, the vocals coulda been better. The "tech" track you posted was fucking terrible in every way imaginable, seriously what the fuck?

I was "raised" on old stuff too, its not like a started music with a Periphery record :lol:

I didn't know that, they aren't a bad band but Aborted just does what they do better, so why listen to it?

I'm not even sure what you mean, because they sound nothing like aborted at all.

Then again, aborted is fairly vanilla death metal. I've never felt the need to own anything theyve released except maybe engineering the dead. You're possibly the biggest fan of the band I've ever seen, definitely on UM.

Dude, Mindly Rotten, I've probably mentioned this before in this thread, but Colombian Brutal death/goregrind is of its own style entirely, I've had contact with the Colombian scene after playing in a similar band for a few years in Venezuela and toured Colombia once, and our singer was Colombian.

Best band I saw in my short tour/visit to their beautiful country:

Their second album is great, the first IMO is crap, just lame blackened death, but neither album does justice to the sheer awesomeness that is seeing them live, I was thrown against the wall throughout their whole set, truly devastating.

I must point out I always follow this thread and check recommendations even though I post very little

Edit: Now that we're on the subject, I might as well recommend my own former band (they're still active, but only the vocalist remains from the lineup that toured Venezuela and Colombia and recorded the Ep I'm posting below, I was the bassist) if you like Colombian style Death/grind. This is the most slamming type song, so much so we referred to it as "the slamming song" :lol:

And in terrible quality, a song from our Colombian tour in February 2009:

The slam track you posted was pretty good, the vocals coulda been better. The "tech" track you posted was fucking terrible in every way imaginable, seriously what the fuck?

Vocals are indeed the weakest element on the slam track, but good enough. Glad you enjoyed.

The Mindly Rotten tech track is the kind of tech I like, which is to say totally wild and completely subservient to brutality rather than Spiral Architect type-precision, though I also feel Nile's tech is in service of the music and does not get in the way for me like most tech does. Some Insidious Decrepancy is good tech dm well.

For me, Mindly Rotten and Infested Blood are not great, but the bleeding edge of brutality. In a way, anything that has regular meter is safer than what these guys are doing. Even Portal and Axis of Advance are safe by comparison.

(here's the review i did of Infested Blood's craziest album--
http://wormgearzine.com/2013/01/16/infested-blood-interplanar-decimation/)

I will check out danlights' stuff later tomorrow.

and danlights, feel free to post more stuff like this--i also really like brutal dm/goreginders like--
MEXICAN disgorge
&
paracoccidioidomitosisproctittisacomucosius.
(pardon misspellings, i did it from memory!)

Colombian classics:

Amputated Genitals

The terrible use of English only makes it more "characteristic", nothing like opening the booklet and reading in huge font "I devour you fucking guts until vomit!!"

And possibly the most brutal band America has ever bred: (And I mean the whole American continent, North and South)

All hail the magnificent power of Uranus! Hahaha

I love this shit, I really do. I corrected all the lyrics in the booklet for my band's Ep, but I'm not at all responsible for what they guy actually sang on it, it mustn't be very accurate, seeing how I corrected the lyrics AFTER he had recorded them.