Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Suffocation I'm not sure I even count. They're just on their own plane of existence. The reviews I've seen for Pinnacle of Bedlam are stellar.

The previews were promising, but not amazing. If the full release is up with DF I'll be super stoked.

Wormed, I just... never REALLY fell in love with. Something about 'em, and I can't defend that statement at all.

New Defeated Sanity is fucking amazing. Devourment won't live up to it, but will release a great album in their own right. If Wormed lives up to their debut album, they have a good chance of rivaling Passages.

No one thinks the new Guttural Secrete will be that good? Listen to Deadened Prior to Coitus, that song has some weird fucking atmospheric parts that just make a man want to bash some kittens in.

I haven't heard anything from the new album yet. "Reek of Pubescent Despoilment" is one of the best in the genre period and if they can top that, oh man.

guttural-secrete-nourishing-the-spoil.jpg

This is arriving in the mail today. I wasn't that taken by Stainless Conception, but Deadened Prior to Coitus, as gundamterran said, has gotten me impatient to hear more (or bash kittens in or something).

I picked up the newest copy of Decibel magazine tonight and checked out the review section. The new Devourment was rated a 6...that's not saying much though because they rated the new Defeated Sanity a 6 as well and pretty much put it down. And most of us know that album deserves much more than that. I'll decide what is good and what isn't anyway. I don't let magazines tell me.

I picked up the newest copy of Decibel magazine tonight and checked out the review section. The new Devourment was rated a 6...that's not saying much though because they rated the new Defeated Sanity a 6 as well and pretty much put it down. And most of us know that album deserves much more than that. I'll decide what is good and what isn't anyway. I don't let magazines tell me.

I would rate the newer songs by them at least a 9/10...

It sees like the guy doing the reviews just isn't much of a fan of brutal death/slam... and it shows in his rating.

guttural-secrete-nourishing-the-spoil.jpg

Expurgate---Dementia-Tremens.jpg

EDASCENDINGCHROME.jpg

cotardsyndrome.jpg

Listening to these quite a bit recently. The new Guttural Secrete is a MONSTER of an album. Expurgate has some extremely catchy slams and vocal lines. Euphoric Defilement is for anyone in love with Disgorge really, and Cotard Syndrome just plays some retarded Raped By Pigs styled slam. Decent stuff.

Also, Defeated Sanity and Blunt Force Trauma albums still rule.

This year is already FAR better then 2012.

Also, Defeated Sanity and Blunt Force Trauma albums still rule.

This year is already FAR better then 2012.

Agreed. That BFT is sweet.

Katalepsy and Defeated Sanity are firmly my top two. Certainly, the new Guttural Secrete and Euphoric Defilement round out the top area of 2013 albums for me thus far...

...and we've only just begun! :loco: