Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Not a huge fan of the new Katalepsy. I feel it tries too hard in places, and the songs go nowhere.

I agree, but we're the minority on this thread--people love it.

Also, I got the Intracranial Butchery album you mentioned--some good stuff on there, but too bad about the super loud programmed drums--which aren't well programmed at all. And it really craps on itself at the end with unwanted experimenting. (Read: too much pot that day in the "studio"). Would like to hear them with a real drummer.

So I got the new Katalepsy in the mail yesterday. I've listened to it probably four times now and I'm really surprised at how damn good it is. Autopsychosis is so much better than that awkward musick debut. They're no longer slam, shifting to brutal technical death metal. (With some slammy riffs) The music is tight and catchy, they ditched their old vocalist (number of death wee peepee peepee guy)

It's just solid all the way around.

It surprised the fuck out of me too haha.

Not a huge fan of the new Katalepsy. I feel it tries too hard in places, and the songs go nowhere. It even has some deathcore breakdowns in it (not that I'm against that). I greatly prefer their debut.

People, get the new Blunt Force Trauma damnit. Top tier Jap Slam.

This one?
363179.jpg

Also look for supreme vehemence, which has the full length plus an ep and its newer. Might be easier to find.

Also look for supreme vehemence, which has the full length plus an ep and its newer. Might be easier to find.

Awesome man. Thanks! I found it ;) Don't know if you guys have ever heard of this website, but it looks like they have an awesome selection. Just now heard of them after searching for Supreme Vehemence. Check it out.
http://www.pathosproductions.com/default.aspx

Now, how about that Blunt Force Trauma album? Their record company is Macabre Mementos. I can find it on their site, but when I click order, everything comes up in Japanese.....I have no clue what I'm looking at.

I've got a few of that label's releases, but not actually even bought from them before. You arent kidding about that selection though. Holy shit. Glad I'm sorta broke, if not I'd be spending a lot of money there.

Edit: AHHH they have Sintury - Disgorging the Dead.

Ah, Pathos is going to be stocking that Blunt Force Trauma album real soon.

I hope so. I've been all over the internet looking for a place selling it. I can't find it anywhere...Only the actual record company which leads me to that Japanese page like I said. They have an English section to their site, but it looks like it's under construction. You can't order from that half.

Hey guys, i found out some info on ordering that Blunt Force Trauma CD. I emailed Macabre Mementos Records and inquired about ordering a copy for shipment to the US. I got a quick and friendly response from a guy saying I can just pay for it through Paypal. He gave me his Paypal account with total price, so I ordered it that way.

He also told me he thinks it will be up on US labels such as Sevared and Comatose within a week or 10 days. Being that it sounded like he wasn't sure of this, I just went ahead and ordered it from him.

I will wait for that BFT album to hit the states. I'm not big on ordering from Asia. Very long shipping time, fair warning.

I will wait for that BFT album to hit the states. I'm not big on ordering from Asia. Very long shipping time, fair warning.

Damn. I thought that might be the case. We'll see how it goes. If I see it up on a Stateside store sooner, I might just order it from there. I can sell the other one on ebay lol. I just wanted to jump on it since it wasn't set in stone that it would be in US stores any time soon.

Could one of you guys recommend a few slamming/brutal death bands that do not employ the typical frog-like guttural vocals? I like the music when I'm in the mood for it, but I'm just not a fan of such vocals...

Ultra gutturals are in a lot more slam bands than straight-up brutal death.

For example, one of my favorites, Gorgasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could one of you guys recommend a few slamming/brutal death bands that do not employ the typical frog-like guttural vocals?

insidious decrepancy has growling evil vocals. and the second pathology record, though not their best album overall, has my favorite vocalist in that band, who is a growler.

Last edited by a moderator: