Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Well, I'm listening to it now and I reckon this is pretty bad actually...sorry...last song sounds the best so far with a groove that makes me wanna crash my head into a wall really hard. Crappy sample use, nothing special in the songwriting department, and just a boring platter overall. Then again Condemned (as you'll see soon) was THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT this year...and Nick agreed.

Speaking of that, I'm posting the preliminary superlatives tonight...as in, the first wave (may be a couple more) just to whet peoples' appetites. I'm also doing my top 10 brutal death albums of this year, and Nick will do his when he's back from no-Internet-zone...

Cheers!

Well, I'm listening to it now and I reckon this is pretty bad actually...sorry...last song sounds the best so far with a groove that makes me wanna crash my head into a wall really hard. Crappy sample use, nothing special in the songwriting department, and just a boring platter overall. Then again Condemned (as you'll see soon) was THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT this year...and Nick agreed.

Speaking of that, I'm posting the preliminary superlatives tonight...as in, the first wave (may be a couple more) just to whet peoples' appetites. I'm also doing my top 10 brutal death albums of this year, and Nick will do his when he's back from no-Internet-zone...

Cheers!

:erk:
Well I think they're damn cool.
I agree on Condemned though, they fucking suck.

After reading through the post my only complaint would be the honorable mention to Sadistic Mutilation. I didn't think they were very good at all. Maybe they warrant another listen though.

I am back from no internet land, I am just on at different times now being back home from college. If you can't handle it then maybe we should break up :cry:.

Alter: Not sure about the Aquarius records thing, but try the Human Mastication/Flesh Disgorged split. It shouldn't be too hard to find. Human Mastication is especially good.

Kil: Sadistic Mutilation is pretty much straight up Colombian BDM and you know how much we love that stuff.

They can be very Human Rejection-ish or "bouncy" at times, but I really fucking like straight-up shots of Colombian slam, so I'm probably pretty biased...Nick is too. But you like that other band and...bah. But yeah, wtf Condemned.

The preliminary post has been up since around midnight so check it.

My top 10 brutal/slam releases of 2007 (also, check out my Top 25 metal albums of 2007 list)

01. Inveracity - Extermination Of Millions
02. Infernal Revulsion - Devastate Under Hallucination
03. Despondency - Supreme Misanthropic Brutality EP
04. Human Rejection - Torture Of Decimation
05. Defeated Sanity - Psalms Of The Moribund
06. Human Excoriation - Virulent Infestation
07. Putridity - Mental Prolapse Induces Necrophilism
08. Condemned - Desecrate The Vile
09. Crepitation/Kastrated/Ingested - North/West Slam-Fest
10. Down From The Wound - Agony Through Rituals Of Self Purification

My top 10 brutal/slam releases of 2007 (also, check out my Top 25 metal albums of 2007 list)

01. Inveracity - Extermination Of Millions
02. Infernal Revulsion - Devastate Under Hallucination
03. Despondency - Supreme Misanthropic Brutality EP
04. Human Rejection - Torture Of Decimation
05. Defeated Sanity - Psalms Of The Moribund
06. Human Excoriation - Virulent Infestation
07. Putridity - Mental Prolapse Induces Necrophilism
08. Condemned - Desecrate The Vile
09. Crepitation/Kastrated/Ingested - North/West Slam-Fest
10. Down From The Wound - Agony Through Rituals Of Self Purification

Yes! Excellent list. Good choice with the North West Slam Fest.

btw I like Condemned as well, but i've brought that up before.

You guys are weird :loco:

I tried looking for fast blasty stuff in my collection to recommend, but I really don't have any :erk:. Maybe try Amputated Genitals, although they are more just Colombian slam, which tends to be a little faster than the Americans.