Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Indeed...I'm pretty sure the members are actually part of the scene in some way, but they're just being funny guys playing up the "hip hop" stereotypes prevalent in the music sometimes. It's good clean fun.

Nick likened them to a brutal version of Velvet Cacoon...quality music that is supposed to be a joke on a certain style.

Nick and I have had many a laugh over New Yorkment.

The HORRIBLY DISTURBING part is that...they're...actually kind of good.

that douche has been spamming the USDM board on myspace. frankly, its a bit irritating. he has no respect for classic death metal.

i listened to molesting the decapitated or whatever by devourment today because people here had been saying its good but i thought it was actually kinda boring, especially the vocals. does anyone have any recommendations for death metal that would be more like late exhumed/impaled/early ghoul? someone recommended me sanatorium and that was good but not exactly what i was looking for. any help would be appreciated.

That's true, since Devourment is different from brutal bands like Deeds Of Flesh. That said, there are many more "slam" style brutal bands than DOF-style riffing brutal bands, so CC isn't exactly off the mark saying that.

Enemy, the stuff you're asking for isn't brutal death, you want Carcass worship stuff in the vein of Necroticism. I'll recommend you check out Aborted - Goremageddon: The Saw And The Carnage Done and then maybe progress to The County Medical Examiners - Olidous Operettas.

That's true, since Devourment is different from brutal bands like Deeds Of Flesh. That said, there are many more "slam" style brutal bands than DOF-style riffing brutal bands, so CC isn't exactly off the mark saying that.

Enemy, the stuff you're asking for isn't brutal death, you want Carcass worship stuff in the vein of Necroticism. I'll recommend you check out Aborted - Goremageddon: The Saw And The Carnage Done and then maybe progress to The County Medical Examiners - Olidous Operettas.

ah alright then i'm in the wrong thread, thanks for the recommendations though, i'll check those out.

Probably not. I want this thread to be about slam death though, not you arguing with someone about fucking grindcore.

Dunno how many people caught this, but there's a new Human Mastication song up on their Myspace.