Brutal/Slam Death Metal

http://gutturaldeath.com/2013/01/17/pathology-signs-deal-with-sevared-records/

This = Awesome.

So matti and their original guitarist ( along with the other guy from the last album ) will be on the next album in 2013 summer. This will be the best Pathology album ever.

They have finished the artwork for this year's album, though I haven't seen it released yet. I love the band changes and this has been in the works for several months now - the release from Dec. 18th 2012:

From the band's Facebook page and website:
-----------------------------------------------
Singer Matti Way and original guitarist Tim Tiszczenko rejoin Pathology

Pathology is happy to announce the return of singer Matti Way and long-time original guitarist Tim Tiszczenko. Both members Jon and Oscar are no longer with the band. Pathology would like to thank them for there time and efforts.

This is now the prime Pathology lineup from the Age Of Onset, Legacy era.
We are very excited for this change, We will now have the best of both worlds with a mix of the old and new.
Pathology is already working on new material for a late 2013 release. The band has also completed there 3 album commitment to Victory Records and will be open to new options.

Dave Astor, Drums
Kevin Schwartz, Lead Guitar
Matti Way, Vocals
Tim Tiszczenko, Guitar

--------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Pathology and mainly the main/founding member Dave Astor considers them a 'hard-working band' and decided long ago that they would work to put out an album every year. It does seem like they're cranking them out, but one per year is their goal. I wouldn't mind if they did every 18-months or so, but who knows how often they write, practice, etc. to put their material together? One year may be well within their capabilities to put out some great albums, which I think they've already shown. ;)

It most likely will be a step back because of matti way. They're starting to pump albums out at a retarded rate...

Matti is way better than Huber IMO, the only way I can describe it is his vocals are more "consistent" and sound deeper and more guttural. Abominable Putidity made the best slam death album ever but Pathology aren't far behind with their latest.

Thanks for the information bro ^^^

Danlights, maybe the other guys in the thread haven't heard of those bands but I passed by them while searching and thought they were mediocre, I've heard great things about Wormed live, I need to purchase their new album hehe.

353753.jpg

If you haven't heard this C-Zar, you will fucking love it. Extra brutal, I don't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread.

I've got like 60+ albums in my bookmarks that i'm gonna check out guys :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
True, Japan has put out some good stuff lately...like Blunt Force Trauma's album 'Vengeance For Nothing'. Love that one!

Last edited by a moderator:
That guitar sound :erk:

Really hurt my ears with that bro. I had my monitors set really high and the awful ear piercing drum sound attacked my ears with ferociousness.

Regarding Pathology--- I liked the last album far less than Awaken & Legacy (& even Age), and wonder if the lack of Tim on that album had an affect of the songs, which seem more "samey." Glad to see he's back. As for the quantity of music they put out or the vocalist, my personal biggest hope for Pathology is that they break of out their 2 or 3 minute song length formula. (I know there are exceptions here.) I'd like an album (could be longer or shorter or the same length overall) to have some bigger 5 or 6 minutes epics with a little more space to develop ideas. This probably comes from my old school Morbid Angel/Bolt Thrower/Carcass background, but most of my all time favorite songs in any genre are a lot longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

Vomit Remnants still remains my favorite slam from Japan, though Gorevent has some cool stuff too. And man do I dig the sound of Coffins from Japan, though they're doomy death metal, not slam. Both vocalists are great and the rich sound is incredible.

DanLights--- thanks for the link, but I don't ever download albums, so I'll wait for it to pop up on ebay or amazon or get re-released or turn up somewhere else. I'll keep an eye out.

Effigy--- Meathook sounds good, and I ordered it, though my clear favorite of this recent batch you posted was the Seminal Embalment (which I also ordered from Comatose). Well-phrased vocals, catchy (without being too obvious) and a cool evil vibe.
Thanks again!

Matti is way better than Huber IMO, the only way I can describe it is his vocals are more "consistent" and sound deeper and more guttural. Abominable Putidity made the best slam death album ever but Pathology aren't far behind with their latest.

Thanks for the information bro ^^^

Danlights, maybe the other guys in the thread haven't heard of those bands but I passed by them while searching and thought they were mediocre, I've heard great things about Wormed live, I need to purchase their new album hehe.

I can't agree here. Huber's vox are unbelievable. Just listen to "Hostility towards Conformity". They have POWER behind them, not just depth. Like Satan himself belching up hate.

Matti Way was a pioneer and obviously one of the legends, but although they're deep and he enunciates better than Huber, the sound is just... thin.

Has there been any word on who's doing vocals for Abominable Putridity now?

Huber probably.

I don't want to see a vocalist of his talent go to a mediocre band ( like the deathcore band before Pathology ) so hopefully hes in Abominable Putridity. I'm thinking the reason Matti is back is because Tim thinks hes a better fit for the band, but what the hell do I know :lol:

I can't agree here. Huber's vox are unbelievable. Just listen to "Hostility towards Conformity". They have POWER behind them, not just depth. Like Satan himself belching up hate.

Matti Way was a pioneer and obviously one of the legends, but although they're deep and he enunciates better than Huber, the sound is just... thin.

I will admit, Huber sounds more brutal but I just like the sound of Matti's growls better. Hes practically "the" BDM vocalist.

Huber has retired from doing vocals, and Matti Way is still doing vocals for Abominable Putridity.

New devourment cd came in the mail today. It is fucking incredible; way better than Unleash the Carnivore, there are actually memorable and distinguishable riffs. Feels like they got heavier and more creative. I'm in love with every song on the album. Manly tear.