Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Liking the new Gorgasm...the sound is better on there than some of the past releases.

Also, no mentions of Devangelic? That album might be might favorite of the genre this year.

New Epicardiectomy, Congenital Anomalies, Unfathomable Ruination, Postcoital Ulceration are all out.

Veiyadra's album is absolutely fantastic also.

I haven't listened to new slam in over a year. Anything I missed?

EDIT: The last thing I listened to that I remember is Defeated Sanity "Passages Into Deformity". Which is also fantastic and one of the best overall death metal albums I've heard in some time, besides a near perfect slam album.

EDIT: The last thing I listened to that I remember is Defeated Sanity "Passages Into Deformity". Which is also fantastic and one of the best overall death metal albums I've heard in some time, besides a near perfect slam album.

Katalepsy
Dragging Entrails
Extermination Dismemberment

Recent:
Infecting The Swarm (my favorite of '14 so far)
Cerebral Effusion
Coprocephalic
Medecophobic
Ezophagothomia

New Ezophagothomia is fucking fantastic.

I'd like that Infected The Swarm far more they had a real drummer, that drum sound ruins a lot of it for me.

Devourment line-up changed. Ruben Rosas on vocals again. Brad fincher on drums again.

Mike Majewski and eric park leave the band

Katalepsy
Dragging Entrails
Extermination Dismemberment

Recent:
Infecting The Swarm (my favorite of '14 so far)
Cerebral Effusion
Coprocephalic
Medecophobic
Ezophagothomia

I'll check out Katalepsy for sure. I am excited to hear a new Ezophagothomia. Is it anything like "Ezophagothomical Invasion"? "Instinct" was good, but didn't have those brooding, funeral slams which was disappointing.

As for Gorgasm, I doubt I'll dislike anything they do. They have a special place in my heart next to Malignancy. "Masticate to Dominate" and "Intrauterine Cannibalism"weren't first forays into BDM.

The new Coprocephalic is playing right now...amazing shit. Certainly among my favorites this year based on my early impression (and initial couple of songs listened to). I love the huge guitar sound and mixing of crushing chords and tricky lead-ish riffs. The atmosphere is what may are talking about and it's certainly present in a big way. Such a vibe to a brutal death album that it's incredibly interesting.

Np: "Craving of the Exotic Spores"

I quite like it, but I have a few gripes with it. The production is a bit flat, their vocalist never shuts up (a la Matti Way), and after hearing Blue of GS on a few tracks, I wish he did ALL the vocals, haha.

cannibalistic infancy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELS87PIq99E

visceral disorder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fow6gIv4UyI

necromorphic irruption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uLuNwbMejQ

traumatomy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChI9cqwVHE

new pathology and Coprocephalic downloaded and going to listen to them later on. i can't wait for the new parasitic ejaculation album to come out.

10502354_10152711698143619_7281313082519835141_n.jpg

Euphegenia - 2014 - Telexistent Depravity EP
Syphilic & Gutrot - 2014 - Portopotty Pervert (Split)
Cerebral Effusion - 2014 - Idolatry Of The Unethical
Coprocephalic - 2014 - The Oath Of Relinquishment
Korpse - 2014 - Korpse
Ezophagothomia - 2014 - Oratory From The Burning Coffins EP
Devangelic - 2014 - Resurrection Denied
Visceral Disorder - 2014 - Dead Body Party
Abhorrent Castigation - 2014 - Throne Of Existential Abandonment
Iconic Vivisect - 2014 - Monument Of Depravity
Syphilectomy - 2014 - Circumcised Abominable Deformity EP
Gorgasm - 2014 - Destined To Violate
Syphilic - 2014 - Toylets 'R' Us
Maggot Colony - 2014 - Perpetuating The Viral Infestation
VA - 2014 - Guttural Carnival (Split)
Down From The Wound - 2014 - Violence And The Macabre
Cephalic Impurity - 2014 - Eulogium For Incessancy
Aborted Fetus - 2014 - Private Judgement Day
Twitch Of The Death Nerve - 2014 - A New Code Of Morality
Medic Vomiting Pus - 2014 - Thoracoabdominal Viscerectomy
Necromorphic Irruption - 2013 - Slaughter On The Earth
Delusional Parasitosis - 2013 - Demo
Infernal Revulsion - 2013 - Infernally Revulsed EP
Ingested - 2013 - Revered By No One, Feared By All EP

The new Cephalic Impurity and Cerebral Effusion are quite good, though I think the new CE is a step down from Impulsive Psychopathic Acts.

Don't think these have been mentioned anywhere in the thread already, both pretty good imo. Also Disentomb just dropped their new single today and it's sick as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw all I care about.

Down. From. The. Fucking. Wound.

I listened to the latest Cephaluc Impurity yesterday. It was above average, but not extremely memorable. Opinion from a single listen, so we will see off it grows on me