Brutal/Slam Death Metal

gundam---i just bought the new ezo. any idea where i can buy a hard copy of epicardiectomy in the u.s.? (i'm traveling soon and won't be around long enough to get from coyote records.) in any case, thanks for the updates.

synaxe-- postcoital sounded solid and i ordered a copy. thanks for posting!

Epicardiectomys new one hasnt hit the states yet i dont think. Sevared Comatose or Deepsend will have it though. Seems like with everything being weird with Russia right now imports from there take months and months.

I'm still waiting for my copy of the new Epicardiectomy from Coyote Records. I'm anxious about it because I've only ordered from Coyote once, which was the debut Epicardiectomy & their Promo and those never did come..

Inherited Suffering Records, which is also from Russia doesn't seem to take so long to receive. I got the new Ezophagothomia from them.

Coyote have been fine the times i've ordered from them, merch showed up pretty quickly considering it's from Russia.

Inherited Suffering are the label are a bit sketchy for me atm, ordered a Splattered pre-order package from them way back in May and it still hasn't shown up. Seems to be a global problem with the orders through ISR but they haven't said anything regarding delays. Looks a bit weird to me.

Noob checking in, been lurking for a while and checking out recommendations, this is a great place for finding new stuff so many thanks to everyone. I've been listening to death metal since I was a youngster (a looooong time ago), but got out of it until the slam recently pulled me back in. Some favorites are Cephalotripsy, AP, Devourment, and 7 H Target.

Just wanted to chime in and say I ordered the new Epicardiectomy CD (!!!)and a T-shirt from Coyote and it arrived within 2 weeks, faster than most other foreign distros. I also ordered the new Coprocephalic from Lacerated Enemy and it took just over a month.

I pre-ordered both the Epicardiectomy Digipak and the Coprocephalic signed Digipak over a month ago and haven't received either yet! I'm going to file disputes with both

That Cranial Osteotomy album is brilliant to me, some of it sounds less like slam and almost like beatdown which is great. The last track on the album is one of the weirdest things i've ever heard on a BDM album in ages.

Noob checking in, been lurking for a while and checking out recommendations, this is a great place for finding new stuff so many thanks to everyone. I've been listening to death metal since I was a youngster (a looooong time ago), but got out of it until the slam recently pulled me back in. Some favorites are Cephalotripsy, AP, Devourment, and 7 H Target.

Cool. I'd also really push Craniotomy's superb Supply of Flesh Came Just in Time as having great slams, but also the sense of song found in more classic death metal, which appeals to a huge Bolt Thrower fan like myself. Over time, this album has turned into my top favorite of the sub-subgenre, followed by Dysentery's Internal Devastation, Pathology's Awaken & Legacy albums, and the first AP.

Cool. I'd also really push Craniotomy's superb Supply of Flesh Came Just in Time as having great slams, but also the sense of song found in more classic death metal, which appeals to a huge Bolt Thrower fan like myself. Over time, this album has turned into my top favorite of the sub-subgenre, followed by Dysentery's Internal Devastation, Pathology's Awaken & Legacy albums, and the first AP.

Craniotomy is some sick shit, thanks for the recommendation. I've been slowly getting into Pathology, what do you think of Throne of Reign? I've only got that and Time of Great Purification... is Pathology's older stuff in the same vein (slick, semi-technical slam)?

One of my gripes about AP's Anomalies is it's apparent "Cali slam" influence. Not that it's a bad thing, but it seems like they abandoned some of their unique characteristics(non-stop mid paced SLAMMING)that made them so great.

Speaking of California, just got the new Paroxysmal Butchering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ao_vXlbho

Craniotomy is some sick shit, thanks for the recommendation. I've been slowly getting into Pathology, what do you think of Throne of Reign? I've only got that and Time of Great Purification... is Pathology's older stuff in the same vein (slick, semi-technical slam)?

One of my gripes about AP's Anomalies is it's apparent "Cali slam" influence. Not that it's a bad thing, but it seems like they abandoned some of their unique characteristics(non-stop mid paced SLAMMING)that made them so great.

Legacy and Awaken are the two Pathology albums I return to the most and have more chunky hooks than the more noodling Time of Great Purification, which I like far less. Age of Onset is decent, but Legacy and Awaken are just at a different level for me. I've not yet gotten the new one by them, though Lords of Rephaim I bought and then gave away (fake drums [or at least fake sounding] muddy production, recycled riffs, etc.). I hope the new one's better.

And Agreed on AP.