Brutal/Slam Death Metal

542.jpg

Received this CD in the mail today. Thoroughly enjoying it while drinking a beer :Smokedev:

Last edited by a moderator:
That Slamentation sounds pretty cool. I'm listening to the latest Goretrade now, Aborted Fetus next.

I also just realized that in a couple weeks, this thread will be 8 years old. Holy shit

That Slamentation sounds pretty cool. I'm listening to the latest Goretrade now, Aborted Fetus next.

I also just realized that in a couple weeks, this thread will be 8 years old. Holy shit

Speaking of new shit you should check out.. This leaked today
Vocals remind me of Chris Barnes on this

soils-of-fate-thin-the-herd-582x600.png

Doesn't seem bad, but isn't too impressive. Also, that cover art is some of the worst I've ever seen. holy fuck. isn't that Nattramn from Silencer in the top right? why

Doesn't seem bad, but isn't too impressive. Also, that cover art is some of the worst I've ever seen. holy fuck. isn't that Nattramn from Silencer in the top right? why

I'm just excited to have new SOF; I've played the albums I have to death (and can't find Crime Syndicate anywhere).

No idea who Silencer is, but I'd like to point out that the gentleman in the upper left hand corner is holding the cage AND kicking a downed opponent. Maybe the rules are different in Sweden.

After their Samuel L./Nick Fury album cover, nothing will surprise me.

The cover art and layout was done by Chris Pervelis, the guitarist of Internal Bleeding and personally, I like it; even thought its not the typical BDM style artwork.

The cover art and layout was done by Chris Pervelis, the guitarist of Internal Bleeding and personally, I like it; even thought its not the typical BDM style artwork.

I definitely appreciate album art that isn't just "brutalized pregnant woman with razor wire #892".

Speaking of Internal Bleeding, has anyone checked out Imperium? I'm really liking the riffs, the vocals (and album cover) not so much. Wasn't Frank Rini supposed to be part of the reformed line-up?

This is a serious album-of-the-year candidate for me. Amazing stuff in the vein of other great technical brutal death metal acts, such as Katalepsy (my favorite). Excellent technicality, slamming, and innovative chord-work. It has some Ulcerate-ish flavor sprinkled in with tiny doses to enhance the music and break up monotony found in other, lesser or average BDM fare. This soars above most of the rest. On top of that the production is FANTASTIC! Skull-crushing riffage abounds here and a distinctly hellish atmosphere pervades the album with the music itself. I give you:

Disentomb - Misery (2014)

75170_disentomb_misery.jpg

This is a serious album-of-the-year candidate for me. Amazing stuff in the vein of other great technical brutal death metal acts, such as Katalepsy (my favorite). Excellent technicality, slamming, and innovative chord-work. It has some Ulcerate-ish flavor sprinkled in with tiny doses to enhance the music and break up monotony found in other, lesser or average BDM fare. This soars above most of the rest. On top of that the production is FANTASTIC! Skull-crushing riffage abounds here and a distinctly hellish atmosphere pervades the album with the music itself. I give you:

Disentomb - Misery (2014)

75170_disentomb_misery.jpg

Just got my copy in the mail :D