Brutal/Slam Death Metal

New Sickening song, taken from the upcoming album "The Beyond":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX72GWQF_7Y

Looking forward to the album, the song sounds great (except for Youtube's shitty sample rates... those drums HAVE to sound better at CD quality). Definitely digging the vocal approach too.

I saw this earlier on No Clean Singing, and was surprised at how good it was considering it was on No Clean Singing.

Edit: AND it's a concept album based on The Beyond? Please take my money.

Looking forward to the album, the song sounds great (except for Youtube's shitty sample rates... those drums HAVE to sound better at CD quality). Definitely digging the vocal approach too.

I saw this earlier on No Clean Singing, and was surprised at how good it was considering it was on No Clean Singing.

Edit: AND it's a concept album based on The Beyond? Please take my money.

Yes man, it's a concept based on The Beyond, the masterpiece of Lucio Fulci.

Thanks bro!

If you wanna listen to our first two albums, they are available for free in streaming: sickeningofficial.bandcamp.com

Thanks for posting on here---I just bought a copy of Against the Wall... as a result. Your vocals are particularly good--- everything I like about Shawn Whitaker's gurgling and viscid approach in Insidious Decrepancy, though yours is probably better.

...and on a related note of Italian horror, I'll point out that Goblin is currently recording a new album in Rome. No Simonetti, but everybody else is there, including my favorite rhythm section ever, Pignatelli & Marangolo.

Thanks for posting on here---I just bought a copy of Against the Wall... as a result. Your vocals are particularly good--- everything I like about Shawn Whitaker's gurgling and viscid approach in Insidious Decrepancy, though yours is probably better.

...and on a related note of Italian horror, I'll point out that Goblin is currently recording a new album in Rome. No Simonetti, but everybody else is there, including my favorite rhythm section ever, Pignatelli & Marangolo.

Thanks for your support.
About Goblin, I know and I'm waiting for the new album! Goblin is now split in two bands, one with Marangolo/Pignatelli, the other one with Simonetti. I prefer the first one, I saw some live and they are much better, more similar to the original sound.I'm the owner of a music school in Florence and Marangolo
has taught there for three years, he's definitely the best, both as a teacher and as a person!

I'm the owner of a music school in Florence and Marangolo has taught there for three years, he's definitely the best, both as a teacher and as a person!

Very cool! I agree with your assessment of live Goblin. I saw the Simonetti/Morante/Guarini/Two New Guys incarnation in New York, and months later, the Pignatelli/Marangolo/Guarini/Morante version in Connecticut and there was no comparison. Simonetti's rhythm section is solid, but very regular, whereas Pignatelli & Marangolo improvise and come up with much tastier lines and beats.

Very cool! I agree with your assessment of live Goblin. I saw the Simonetti/Morante/Guarini/Two New Guys incarnation in New York, and months later, the Pignatelli/Marangolo/Guarini/Morante version in Connecticut and there was no comparison. Simonetti's rhythm section is solid, but very regular, whereas Pignatelli & Marangolo improvise and come up with much tastier lines and beats.

I agree. The band of Simonetti is too much metal-oriented, and Goblin isn't a metal band.

Top 10 releases for me this year, 1) Gorgasm 2) Goretrade 3) Corpse Fucking Art 4) Devormity 5) Gorelust 6) Internal Bleeding 7) Beneath 8) Septycal Gorge 9) Decaying Purity 10) Distentomb

I didn't like new Goretrade at all. Most guys that like bdm like them though. I've just never had an album click I guess. Always thought Corpsefucking Art was pretty shitty too. Otherwise solid list, even if I haven't heard Devormity. I like slam more than you do I see.