Brutal/Slam Death Metal

Also, NSE released a new Hymenotomy track yesterday, and it is repulsively awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
That fucking artist's work is so goddamn horrible I don't even check out the bands who he does art for. I like to physically own music and I'd rather not look at that garbage. He might be the single metal album artist I feel this way about.

Ha, you mean this guy? I'll admit he's not the best, but I wouldn't let that stop me from enjoying the music.

But yeah, he does have some hot pieces of shit like this in his portfolio. Yikes.

How you guys see the Slam scene right now? Looks like is dying aint?

There's been a huge surge of beatdown / deathcore influenced slam artists that have popped up recently, most of them suck dick. Straight slam is pretty much dead outside of a select few bands.

Brutal Death Metal though, it's better than ever before tbh.

Anyone on here have this CD? I will pay a lot for it

R-3936683-1349806506-2628.jpeg.jpg

and i'll double whatever malice is paying for gorepoflesh...

hymenotomy sounds pretty cool--thanks for posting, morguelord.

i just ordered new kraanium and craniotomy albums...the previous releases by each band are both top 5 slamming dm albums for me, so my expectations are very high.

and i'll double whatever malice is paying for gorepoflesh...

hymenotomy sounds pretty cool--thanks for posting, morguelord.

i just ordered new kraanium and craniotomy albums...the previous releases by each band are both top 5 slamming dm albums for me, so my expectations are very high.

Hope you can afford triple digits :)

Everything on New Standard Elite is magnificent, so the high quality of the latest Hymenotomy is no surprise. They've also recently signed a band named Ecchymosis from Thailand (I believe) and they are nasty and raw as fuck. They cover Orchidectomy, so you know they love the nasty sewer shit.

Hope you can afford triple digits :)

So Malice is a big spender!

The new Kraanium is decent, though at 40 minutes I was hoping for a bit more variety in the riff department--this thing is not quite varied enough for me to sustain this duration. I like it, but less than the last one for certain.

The new Craniotomy is an instantly likable headbanger. The drumming could be more in the pocket or mixed quieter (it often drifts behind the beat in the blasting sections), but Overgorged Flesh Flies... is my favorite slab of slam thus far this year and my favorite batch of slam riffs since that really strong Vomitous EP last year.

The Visceral Throne EP is enjoyable as well... It reminds me of a more slamming approach to the earliest era of Deeds of Flesh (Gradually Melted)---brutal dm with lots of tempo changes, but does not feel too technical. Fun stuff.

Just pre-ordered the new Hymenotomy... that preview track was the fucking tits.

Also, picked up a copy of Putridity's new one yesterday. It's an absolutely brutal assault, as expected.

New Injury Deepen is pretty fantastic, Indonesian Gorgasm worship. I'll be preordering that with Hymenotomy shortly I hope.

And yes, Malice is probably the biggest spender I know hahaha.

From Jamie Bailey's facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/jamie.bailey.524

BRODEQUIN NEWS:

Thanks to all of you, our friends for the support throughout the years we truly appreciate it!
It means a lot to us to hear from you and from the bands that have said we have been an influence to the brutality they are creating.

There have been a lot of rumors and discussions about the possibility of Brodequin reuniting and who would be in the band if it were to reform.
This last weekend Mike, Jon and myself got together to see what would happen and rehearsed some old songs to see how they sounded and discuss the future if any, of Brodequin.

We are pleased to announce that Brodequin will be reuniting with the “Methods of Execution” lineup.

Jamie Bailey - Bass/Vocals
Mike Bailey - Guitars
Jon Engman - Drums/MPC

I know there will be a lot of questions and we will do our absolute best to answer any that you may have as quickly as possible.
Rest assured that we would not even consider a reunion if we felt in any way that any part of what Brodequin is would be compromised by anything.

All the elements that we need were present at the rehearsal and it felt just like we were picking up right where we left off.
We are excited to begin writing new material together and are looking forward to seeing all of you again, some for the first time! as well as sharing the stage with some of the scenes finest! - Jamie \m/

Was just about to post that hahaha. Great news, can't wait to hear some more Engman blasts, that guy is ridiculous. Hope to see them live too, I think I will.