Bugera 333Xl Infinium

Thumas

Apr 25, 2009
Just bought this head and did a quick reamp with Lasse & Mago DI Pack.
Recorded thru a mesa 2x12 rectifier with sm57, no ts was used.
Bugera crunch channel

Bugera lead channel

Bugera alternative lead clip

I did one clip with my evh 5153 50w lead channel (same mic placement as bugera)

I know alot of you guys are much better to getting good tones, but hope this be interest to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, epic sound clips, I like them all very much.

For sure I think the Bugera doesn't sound any worse than the 5153.

Does this Infinium business truly work as advertised? Does the Bugera feel solidly buit to you?

Sound is great is all I can tell. :)

Thanks.
I just got my bugera yesterday but first impressions of how it was built feels ok, must say i didn't have to high expectation. only time will tell if it will work, at least i have three year warranty from thomann ;)
Don't know anything about how good infinium is, but i'm thinking about putting jj 34L tubes in soon.

Nice work. I've had a soft spot for the Bugera amps since I owned their 6505 knock-off. Actually produced some usable tones.

In this case I think the 5153 produces a more open and usable tone off-the-bat, but the Bugera isn't too bad either!

ìs it just me or does it sound overdriven? is it the bass? kinda like the mic preamp was to loud....
sorry
sounds good but kinda pushed.
please tell me i´m not deaf.

I liked both the third bugera and the 5153 for different reasons, but both sounded absolutely usable to me. I agree that the 5153 sounds a bit more "finished" right off the bat, but the third bugera clip has a rawness to it that I really like. It's good to live in a day and age where quality sound can be had for a decent price.

The reason i bought this head was to have a cheap amp for rehearsals with a band that rarely practice, i do have a great cab at the place and i think this cheap amp would definitive satisfy me.
It still has stock tubes but i'm thinking of changing them, probably going with JJ tubes, if i do i could post a comparison in this thread.
Actually i think it sounds pretty good with the stock tubes, but i am curious what a set of quality tubes can do and it doesn't cost too much changing them, if the change not satisfy me i could always use the tubes someday for another amp.

Akbeda: For me it does not sound overdriven but i am a rookie at this and could have wrong ;) This was recorded in cubase and i'm sure it didn't clip, btw i used a real cheap mic preamp from a soundcraft compact 4 mixer, maybe it's time for an upgrade.

Wow dude!! That sounds really impressive, 3rd clip is really smooth. Bought a 6262 recently for home use. Was really surprised with the quality considering the price, smoked my JSX with some sessions. just sent it through for JJ6l6GC retube, really looking forward to hearing the difference when it gets back.

I'm still happy with my bugera :)
i had two pairs of 6l6 at home and did a quick comparison against the original el34 tubes.

Two 6l6 are TAD and the other 2 are some relabeled chinese tubes.

EL34

6L6

Jup, liked the 6l6 best too. Tighter and also a bit more bite, which surprised me, since I usually associate the sound of el34 with bite and crispness. Cool amp!

I also prefer 6l6.
Really cool to change tubes and ready to play in a few minutes thanks to infinium:)

Just bought this head and did a quick reamp with Lasse & Mago DI Pack.
Recorded thru a mesa 2x12 rectifier with sm57, no ts was used.
Bugera crunch channel

Bugera lead channel

Bugera alternative lead clip

I did one clip with my evh 5153 50w lead channel (same mic placement as bugera)

I know alot of you guys are much better to getting good tones, but hope this be interest to someone.

very nice sound indeed. i had the 6262 combo version but i didnt enjoy it at home . at studio volumes was ok. i just order the 333xl infinium head and i expect more from the master volume and the 1x12 cabinet with v 30 (at home volumes) .

what song u play at these clips?