DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0699.jpg

And now for the two clips:

Bugera 333 - Crunch channel

Bugera 333 - Lead channel

Both had the same everything except amp settings. Chain:

EC-1000 EMG-81 -> Bugera -> Mesa V30 4x12 -> SM57 on-axis -> Focusrite Saffire Pro

1 track 100% Left, 1 track 100% Right. Low pass at 12kHz, high pass at 80Hz. No other processing.

As far as some kind of review...well. It kicks ass IMO. Has a nice raw sound to it, but still has that signature Peavey-type distortion to it. The amp itself seems cheaply made, TBH. I didn't expect it to be a tank, but I've never been able to effortlessly pick up a head with one hand and move it around like a gallon of milk...this thing is light as a mofo. The knobs are plastic, of course, and the Bugera/side plates are also plastic. Again, I didn't expect them to be nice, metal peices at all, just confirming my assumptions. It's extremely loud too. The damping switch on the back is pretty neat, I left it on MID for the recordings, HIGH drops the volume down a bit, and LOW opens it up. So on LOW damping, with the channel volume on like 8 and the Master on 2...this thing is obnoxiously loud. On MID, it's a tolerable, good recording level. On HIGH, it's like bedroom practice mode. The two distortion channels are significantly different. The Crunch channel has much less gain, is a lot tighter and defined. The Lead channel has more gain to it and is a little less defined, more suited for...leads, lol. The Clean channel is surprisingly good, lots of headroom and has a good clean sound. Nothing stellar, but it's definitely clean. All of the channels I can already see myself using for SOMETHING. They are all usable and sound great. I must say I was really skeptical, even when I first hooked it up, right before turning it on I was thinking "please explode, that would be fucking hilarious"...but nope. Also, it has an active FX loop, meaning when the FX Loop is engaged, there is a significant volume boost. There is actually a switch next to the Master/Reverb knob that says "FX Boost". It was on for the two clips.

Overall it's a very cool amp. Probably isn't road worthy at all, but it's staying right here for recording only so I'm not worried about that. As long as it doesn't explode just from sitting here, I will have yet another good thing to say about Behringer. :lol:

~006

Really? I like the Crunch channel more, it seems tighter. Both clips are basically raw amp. The only post-processing I did after I recorded is was a high-pass at 80Hz to get rid of some mud/rumble and a low-pass a 12kHz to get rid of some fizz, that's all. Also, the settings I dialed in on the amp were done quickly.

~006

Anybody know how many/where/how much $$ it would cost to replace all the caps on the amp? I wouldn't mind replacing them if it weren't too expensive.

I got the amp on eBay. It was through a music dealer on there, brand new (~$50 shipping to San Antonio for me), called proaudio4less. They had quite a few for $549.

The next amp I want to get on the cheap is a Krank Rev Jr. Someday...someday....

~006

The 333XL is the one they cloned after the JSX. But...in all honesty this doesn't sound like a XXX at all. I've never played a XXX personally, and the reason why is my friend had one a while back and I always thought it wasn't warm enough and never had enough mids IMO. This amp has the mids, and is really warm. In the amp's defense, I didn't spend any time dialing in the tone. Given more time and actually treating the tracks afterwards with more than just a low/highpass, I'll bet this amp slays. Now I just hope it doesn't explode on me until then :lol:

~006

I think the lower gain on the crunch channel makes it sound a bit like the Slayer tone....which for me is no bad thing \m/

Can all that shiny fucking plastic be removed?!

And the shiny plastic nameplate?!

CAN THEY BE REMOVED?!
:Smug:

...if so, i will buy one and a 6260 because they won't look so toys r us, then add some machined knobs and replace the "hand-picked" tubes and 20-year old capacitors they probably uncovered when they bought out warehouses in china.

seriously though, sounds nice, and would look handsome without all that shiny goddamm plastic. i mean, WTF?! mesa makes one amp with a snap-on toolbox face which people love because it's a tank and sounds wicked so everybody just assumes that a bunch of shiny metal is gonna make you wicked. nah, fuck that.

:headbang:

i will probably pick up a couple whether or not that shit can be removed, because they sound great for that price.