Bugera 333 212 combo: I'm surprised!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
I just got my Bugera 333 2x12 combo so I cranked it, threw an SM58 mic in front of it and pressed record. Now that I got to listen to the clip at home I'm surprised! It sounds very good considering it was just a quick test. The best part is that it cost me 350€ from Thomann and it's got 120W of 6L6 power and more volume I'll ever need.

So not a "finetuned" sound here. In fact that sounds almost exactly like the Metal 4x12 cabinet in the Axe-Fx. You know... the can that Periphery used on their album.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still got the stock tubes. I did quite a lot of tube experimentation when I had Mesa gear and in the end the differences were barely noticable so I probably won't be doing it now. However I was thinking I might replace the speakers with V30s. But holy s*** this combo weighs a lot. I'm a big guy so I can carry it but both of my arms started bleeding. :D

I had a 333XL too and I liked it. The construction didn't feel very sturdy, but luckily I didn't have any problems with the amp. The master volume (at least on my amp) worked strangely because everything over 8:30 - 9:00 o'clock was a huge overkill even if the crunch or lead channel volumes were almost all the way down.