Bugera amps

I was able to play through one if these yesterday at a samash. Being the poor man that I am I can't afford a 6505+, and they are hard to come by at a good price used in Orlando florida. I'll be buying the 6262, and probably a Mesa 2x12 roadster shortly after.

Olaenglund did a 5150, 6262 comparison on his site. , it's worth checking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehm.. No, Dude.. :zombie: Guess he's been trollin :)

borat_great_success.jpg

None of you guys own a processor??? the 333xl run clean with a RP1000 processor attached to the effects loops (bh412h cab) Is just 2 F N sweet to be ignored.. All you want to do is make fun of low priced amps.. guess what the tubes for the big boys and the cheapies are the same.. cost the same. If you are on a budget BUGERA all the way.. I quit using tube amps back in the 80's cuz of the maintenance costs. I can live with $600 plus the cost of the 1 set of tubes in 5 yrs...:kickass:

I was just wondering what the quality control on those amps was like. I have a vague recollection of reading about them being prone to various types of mechanical failures.

I was just wondering what the quality control on these amps was like. I have a vague recollection of reading about them being prone to various types of mechanical failures.

My friend has a 6262 and though it sounds great he has had a pot crap out on him and a tube fail. It was under warranty though!

My friend has a 6262 and though it sounds great he has had a pot crap out on him and a tube fail. It was under warranty though!

That's interesting. The Bugera looks like it's going for $500 USD new and the Peavey about $600 USD new. So I was kind of wondering if that $100 might be better spent on the Peavey then.

That's interesting. The Bugera looks like it's going for $500 USD new and the Peavey about $600 USD new. So I was kind of wondering if that $100 might be better spent on the Peavey then.

Seems like the Peavey is a better deal in the US then, over here in the UK a Bugera is half the price of a used 5150 and a third of the price of a new 6505.