Sloan's Bugera 333XL Thread

Wow, looks way better without those faux plastic panels!

Had my 6260 on strain for 3 hours straight today, heavy duty for the first time. Worked like a charm.

For the money, a well made investment.

I've already logged 8-9 hours on mine and it's working and sounding great. I stayed up all night and did some guitar parts on my country rock band demo and I'm loving it.

Here is a short clip of some guitar for the country rock demo. This is on the crunch channel with the gain almost all the way down, i wanted to get almost like a clean channel breaking up type of sound and I'm pleased with the results, there was almost no tweaking around the eq at all. I put a scratch bass track in there just for reference.

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=l4acu9g06r

I'm looking into modifying the Ultra channel to make it a bit more usable. Some dude said he put in a lower value gain pot and that really helped, but I'll investigate when I find the time. Can't find a schematic for this damn thing right now anyway.

I'm looking into modifying the Ultra channel to make it a bit more usable. Some dude said he put in a lower value gain pot and that really helped, but I'll investigate when I find the time. Can't find a schematic for this damn thing right now anyway.

Drop some 12AU7s in there. :loco:

bugera333xl_molexbypass.jpg

Today I finally got around to removing the entire connector and hard wiring it. It looks sloppier than it really is.

Also, I kind of tested the lower gain pot on the Ultra channel theory by setting the Crunch at full gain and the Ultra at half gain - they are almost exactly the same with the Crunch sounding just a bit brighter and middy. Very cool, just keep the fucking gain way down on ultra and it's as much a usable channel as Crunch. I'm liking this amp lots, which I could play more.

Just a quick update...I used this motherfucker in a COUNTRY BAND show for at least 4 hours earlier and it performed flawlessly. Since I don't have a foot switch, and I don't need to switch between really heavy gain and really clean shit, I set it on the crunch channel and use it like a single channel amps, works amazingly great. This is now my MAIN AMP for this band.

Some dude was asking about it when I was packing up and we got to GEAR CHATTIN'. When I asked what amp he used, he said 'the joe satriani amp' - so i totally LOL'D and explained that the bugera is a copy of that shit. it was funny-ish.