Bugera Infinium

I was checking this video and it seems you can load at the very same time different kind of tubes due to the bugera technology.
How's that possible? I guess different bias for each tube.
Usually you can load a set of the very same type, you can't mix it up.
This technology seems cool, you don't have to set up bias, it is automatic.
I'm interested about the new "Magician" I hope they release a head version.
My bugera 333 served me well a lot. Another amp I'd like to try is the 1960, as the guy on the video says, it has randy rhoads and master volume mod.
Anyway for sure I have to buy an "800" amp, I need it to have a different tone in my arsenal ;) and maybe the 1960 would be an amp that could sound like an 800 even though to me it seems a plexi (at least from pics and specs).

Last edited by a moderator:
Really not the best the have uneven set of tubes on an Output Transformer regardless of bias just because their idle current would be difference and there would be a mismatch across the transformer. That means having two EL34s and two 6L6s is fine as long as its one 6l6 and El34 on each side of the OT and not two 6L6s on one side and 2 EL34s on the other. That would cause a shit load of noise.

Also I believe that at the same time that the ability to use any tube you want because of auto bias is bullshit. Yes the control grid voltage can be adjusted automatically, but what about the screen grid voltage that also has to be adjusted for certain tube types and having different tube types with different screen grid voltage requirements will not have similar conductance making the harmonic distortion of some tubes really fucked up.

So while it may work better than just throwing any tubes in a non infinium amp, it still won't sound too good.