Build me an axe Ron!!!

Dudes,
I'm painting my new guitar right now. I'll have it done in a few weeks. It's going to look like the cover of Ink Compatible. It's a doubleneck. It's going to look like a circuit board.

And no, I don't build guitars for other people, but thanks for the compliments on my guitars...

Ron

Oh man, that Ink Compatible double-neck is going to rule!
Can't wait to see it!

BTW I just received both ink CDs in the mail last week!
:worship:

Was real impressed with Marty's guest solos too; I've been kinda worried about him lately, guess there's no need!

Anyway, good look with the axe and thanks for the great music!

Dude, that is so awesome!
Are there major tonal differences between the two? Interesting to see the differences between the pickup and bridge placements.
So you can actually play the bottom one comfortably? How's the weight?
Sorry for the barrage of questions..."working" from home today :p

Dudes,
The doubleneck has a normal tuned neck on the top, and on the bottom, I've got it tuned A E A D G B. That's mainly because I'm using it to write tunes for the project with Alex Webster and Chris Adler. I think all of the songs are going to be tuned like this. What's screwy is I'm so confused with where the notes are! It's got 6 strings, but it's really just the lower 6 strings of a 7 string. I can tune the bottom neck however I want, and don't have to worry about the string/spring balance of a Floyd Rose system, since it's got a blocked bridge.

I have played the guitar at several Dragonfly (cover band) gigs, and the weight is not bad at all. It weighs as much as my purple and yellow strat which is made of almost all maple wood. The difference is the 2 sets of machine heads, which cause a lot of the weight to be shifted on my left shoulder (by the strap). If I could find some lightweight machine heads, I'd be a happy camper. I used poplar wood for the guitar, so it's pretty lightweight.

About the video. I was planning on putting together a DVD of the building of the guitar, but the more I thought about it, I figured that I'd be killing myself editing 15 hours of footage and there would be just a handful of people who would be interesting in watching it. But I do plan on editing it together. I mean, that's why I video taped the whole process.

But right now, whenever I get some free time, I'm writing tunes for "Corpse Of Ink" (that's what we're calling the project until we come up with a name), and starting to record my guitar parts for Mathematics. I do want to get the doubleneck video done (as well as the video recordings of "Ink Compatible" tunes), but there are a few other things that I need to get done first...

Ron