Building a Mac based recording rig..unsure of what to get.

Get a Mac, Profire 2626 and Pro Tools. I wasted way too much time and money messing around with other DAWs and interfaces before I came to my senses and bought that rig and I have been golden ever since. Could've saved myself like $2500+ if I had just bought what I have now to begin with.

I can only hope he was trying to make a Tad joke (and butchering it in the process :loco: ), rather than being serious...

YES and I couldn't remember what the hell he actually said!:lol:

IT WAS A JOKE! There is no debate, it is mostly bullshit. It's something that Tad and the gearslutz power-users psycho-acoustically made up inside the thick walls of their heads because they would rather shoot the shit than work on their mixes... Which it is: in the mix, not the daw.

Get a Mac, Profire 2626 and Pro Tools. I wasted way too much time and money messing around with other DAWs and interfaces before I came to my senses and bought that rig and I have been golden ever since. Could've saved myself like $2500+ if I had just bought what I have now to begin with.

i will say +1 to the profire, it's not out-of-range expensive and it sounds good enough to last you years and years, (i went from a firepod to an 002 and now i want a profire.) and it also gives you the flexibility of any DAW you want to try out, and the expansive option of m-powered down the line.

whether or not you need a mac or PC depends MOSTLY on your PC knowledge... if you're really good with windows, then you can save a large hunk of cash by omitting the super-mac. if you're only intermediate with PC's, or are unsure of which way to go, it might be best to just splurge now instead of wishing you had got a mac in the first place. and this is coming from a PC-4-lyf guy, here.

BUT WE CANNOT HAVE THAT DEBATE AGAIN. SRSLY. ^ what i just said is all that needs to be said regarding that.

We should have a Mac-PC debate as a FAQ just so people can see how pointless it is to ask "which one is better?"

FAQ maybe, debate, no. people have too difficult of a time taking a neutral pros/cons standpoint, and instead attempt only to explain why there's is superior, when there is no superior, just different strokes. it's like if you were religion shopping and invited a baptist and a muslim over for brunch and said "ok guize. sell me."

Since I started this thread, I've decided to stick with going the Mac route (getting a sweet deal on one)...however. No PT. I was considering an LE rig, just to get the feel of it...but whatever, fuck it. i will play around with a couple other DAW's for Mac.

The people on this forum are the most informative group Ive ever been associated with! haha. And very helpful.

I'm going to give Logic a try, as well as a few others.