Bulb - New heavy song "Light" (Petrucci 7 string, podxt)

that's exactly what i'm looking for:). So you'd say they really sound like actives? Also, what string gauges do you use? How long have you been playing and do/did you practice a lot?

guitars and bass will be direct recorded with the fractal audio axe-fx.

I might have to try that pitchshifting clean guitar for bass thing... if it sounds good, that'd definitely be easier. heh

Joshua ffs, if you don't have a bass, then use the Afx pitch shifter, but dammit, use a bass if you have one. Rat drive, no amp, cab with the Noisevault Ampeg IR. FFS, use the same setting if you pitch the guitar too, and use the neck pickup if you go the "ghetto bass" path.

*phew* Got all upset here in the middle of the night...Drunk an'all.. "an'al" Hahaha!

Joshua ffs, if you don't have a bass, then use the Afx pitch shifter, but dammit, use a bass if you have one. Rat drive, no amp, cab with the Noisevault Ampeg IR. FFS, use the same setting if you pitch the guitar too, and use the neck pickup if you go the "ghetto bass" path.

*phew* Got all upset here in the middle of the night...Drunk an'all.. "an'al" Hahaha!

lol I don't own a bass, but I can borrow one.

yeah agreed, i really should be working on my bass sound, but instead im using fake bass, however i want that sick distorted bass sound that you and meshuggah get but with a lot of bass response, and thats the tough part right there.

that's exactly what i'm looking for:). So you'd say they really sound like actives? Also, what string gauges do you use? How long have you been playing and do/did you practice a lot?

they dont really sound like actives, they just feel stiff and undynamic like actives do, i like the sound (but not really the feel) of the emg 81, emg 707 and 808, not so much the d-activator however.

nice, one, man! you're one of the dudes whose recordings, when I heard them, made me decide on getting a POD

good job, man!