Bulb - Rough new Teaser from the Rock Project!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys!
So for those of you who didnt know, im working on a rock project right now, and this is the first draft of one of the songs i just finished writing for it.
As a result its still unmixed and stuff and ill probably mess around with some more layers in some parts depending on how the vocals fit, but it should get the idea across!
So yeah there will be vocals over this of course, not by me but by a friend!

Anyways you can hear it here:
http://www.myspace.com/iambulb
or
http://www.soundclick.com/bulb

and the song is called "Heliovice!"

Enjoy!

It's just a tad too compressed/much dist/metal for a rock type of song. Otherwise, flawless as usual. Excellent harmonies and great dynamics songwise.

Oh, 555 posts. Does that mean I'm the neighbor of the beast? ;)

I'm enjoying this a lot more than your other work, especially the soft passages. Really great stuff! It's nice to see you aren't completely 1 dimensional! I can appreciate your other work, but this stuff I really enjoy! :)

For this type of music though, your guitar tone could benefit by being slightly less distorted and maybe more tube authentic.

Ah, you know, the crushing should come in a crescendo type of way, like when the chorus ends up in THAT! But hey, there's not even vocals on it yet, so it's nit picking anyway. ;)

I'm old school, yes I know. Damn, no neighbor anymore. You tricked me, Misha! now I have to wait for post 665. And 667. Maybe even 664 and 668 too. Hm...nevermind.

I feel the distorted guitars feel a bit too separate from the bass, but that's my only complaint...

I feel the 'metal' production really fits the unique mood of this 'rock' project. I've got no complaints on the compression/djenty-ness, personally.

GREAT music, Misha!

Bulb, dude you got the freaking punchiest snares! Is that compression just on the snare, the master fader, drum buss... all 3? You should make a tutorial or something

thanks a lot guys!!
yeah the guitars/bass are podx3
dss3: it must be the tubes

I'm old school, yes I know. Damn, no neighbor anymore. You tricked me, Misha! now I have to wait for post 665. And 667. Maybe even 664 and 668 too. Hm...nevermind.

Haha i will be waiting patiently as well haha.

Misha, do you still use you old big bottom patch for bass or did you come up with something new using the bass amp models?

Clean guitars and drums are awesome sonic-wise. Not a huge fan of the distorted guitars sound (there's something i dislike but i can't explain).

The song itself is awesome. Like "More than ever", i prefer this stuff than your djenty stuff.