bullet belts?

Lol the posers are the ones who thinks bullet belts are for posers. Next you guys probably will say that patchjackets/vests are for posers too. Maybe if you are an artsy "metalhead" who thinks Alcest is the epitome of metal or something.

I can proudly join you in the passionate hatred of hipster metalheads, you know, the ones who listen to Rottrevore and Mortem because they are underground but claim that Obituary and Iron Maiden are too mainstream and not "true metal", even though they first listened to the genre two weeks prior to making this claim.

As for the bullet belts, smoke 'em if you got 'em. The beautiful thing about metal as a subculture that truly sets it apart is that it has no definative "style". Although some people say things like "If you don't wear black t-shirts and giant baggy chain pants you are not true metal" or "bullet belts and combat boots are the only essential metal wardrobe" resulting in some sort of superficial "true metal" war, as soon as the music goes on, all of these notions melt away in an instant. Just remember that metal is not about what you look like, it is an epic celebration of the emotions and human aspects that most other musical styles are afraid to even mention, let alone gleefully indulge. The first time I heard "Lost Wisdom" by Burzum (the first metal song I had ever really fallen in love with) I gained a new sense of confidence I never felt possible, as well as an induction into a community I didn't even know existed at that time.

\m/

:lol:

barathrum2bimage1.jpg

:lol: