Burn the Remembrance tabbed

wankerness

Dec 3, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
HEY GUYS, I TABBED BURN THE REMEMBRANCE!

It's powertab format, so if you don't have the program you'll have to download it. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I also have a tab for Wealth on that site (and deathwarp.com). Yeah. It was pretty hard to tab, the outro was kind of a guess cause the wah makes it pretty much impossible to tell what's being played. If anyone has any better ideas, post them here!

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,10494

Oh, I know the tab of wealth! It"s very good and I"m eager to download and try burn the remembrence (if I only knew which tilte that is, I"m a great kata fan but I NEVER will manage to remember titles :)). Unfortunately I can"t/don"t want to tune my guitar down to C or C# so I have to a little bit "rewrite" these things. I tried out "criminals" and it"s not soooo hard to play and you need a tight bass player for this otherwise it sounds very incomplete, but I think I"ll never be in the mood to tab it. So many thanks to people who do tab songs.\\By the way - on www.painofsalvation.it are excellent POS tabs in PT format, and a real large choice of songs. Also (maybe all of you know) there are some OPeth powertabs available, where I can really recommend "credence". Burn your fingers!

yes i also have problems tuning down my guitar, maybe that's the reason i never play katatonia...and then i also find it hard to make out the right notes when there are also many effects...it's such a pity there aren't many reliable kata tabs around!

but thanx so much for doing all this work!
I actually prefer the program Guitar Pro, but powertabs are also ok.

Yeah, my area of expertise is Opeth tabs I guess...they're much more fun to tab/play as a result of the fact that they DON'T DOWNTUNE (well, except for drop D on two songs). I'm just tabbing viva emptiness now cause I got a CAPO, and if I tune my g string down half a step and then put a capo on teh first fret it's INSTANT VIVA EMPTINESS TUNING. :D I just finished EVIDENCE, which should be on the site soon (I corrected some other guy's tab and added bass), and I'm doing WILL I ARRIVE now.

you're the shit wankerness, i've been enjoying your opeth tabs since you first posted demon of the fall... keep up the the bad ass work... moonlapse vertigo is so fun to play. Do omerta too man!!
cheers

And the amazing thing on opeth is that - even if they don't tune down- have a very deep and hard sound, kicking more ass than many other death metal bands. It's also Steve Wilsons magic hands...
But thanks for the tip with the capo.

what about tabbing Sleeper or Complicity as well?:)

Have to admit that so far it's more fun to play Opeth, even if i prefer Katatonia sound without doubts. Strange!
I think it's finally time for me to buy a capo too, it shouldn't be that expensive!

If only someone would do some decent old Katatonia song tabs... :( 90% of them suck. Ah well I might give it a try myself, writing tabs for Love of the Swan and that. I suck at finding out finger picked parts though.

ether said:
what about tabbing Sleeper or Complicity as well?:)

Have to admit that so far it's more fun to play Opeth, even if i prefer Katatonia sound without doubts. Strange!
I think it's finally time for me to buy a capo too, it shouldn't be that expensive!
If you have a seven string guitar, capos are definitely much more worth it...it's not too hard to play fairly complicated songs with a capo on the first or second fret. If I tune the G string down and put a capo on the first fret, I get In Flames/Viva Emptiness tuning, if I drop the low B down to A and use the capo on the first fret I get Novembers Doom. If I do the half step down G string and a capo on the second fret, I get Dark Tranquillity tuning. Big fun. Unfortunately, half and whole step down still sucks, so I can't really tab older Katatonia stuff. My guitar has a stupid floyd rose bridge, so it gets all screwed up if I try actually tuning the guitar down. Oh well.

As for Sleeper/Complicity, I dunno...I'm going to do "Will I Arrive" first, and then I have some Opeth tabs I should really finish (Nectar and The Twilight is My Robe). Then maybe I'll get to work on those? Or maybe I'll do them first? EZ. I dunno if I'll do Omerta...I haven't really tried playing along with it, but I'm GUESSING it's in a different tuning than the rest of the cd (maybe it is, I just don't remember any really low notes in it), so therefore I might not be able to tune my guitar right to do it. Hooray. I'll probably do Ghost of the Sun sometime too.

My thing is to use two guitars. One E-tuned, and one C-tuned. It's teh win, at least right now.

Oh, I almost forgot, nice tab. Alltough I don't enjoy playing katatonia by myself, at least not without a lot of efx.