The Grand Conjuration tabbed (roughly)

wankerness said:
Guitar pro only shows one guitar at a time, and if you're actually ENTERING that tabs it's about 30000x easier to do it in powertab. Finally, powertab's output actually resembles a tabbook, while guitarpro just...doesn't look so nice. I dunno. The ONLY things I like about guitarpro are the fact it can do drums and the fact it can have unlimited tracks (or at least more than powertab). It's bad software and should NOT cost money.

+ 1

When I use Guitar Pro the note indicator that follows the music as it plays doesn't keep up with the music, not that it's a huge deal, but I find it weird that they couldn't make software that actually worked correctly. It might be because I use the free trial version though...

I don't think so, I noticed it happens on my two of friends computers and they also only have the shareware version. I don't know anyone who has the full version.

Looking for a Job said:
hmm most of the mysongbook opeth tabs are pretty accurate

Well, a lot of them are directly ripped off from me (some with permission, some without). They usually have weird "corrections" (like on April Ethereal for example) that seem wrong to me, also. Overall, I'd say powertabs has a vastly superior Opeth section, most everything in there is about dead-on (besides like...Face of Melinda, but I don't remember there being a much better one on mysongbook). I dunno. My main annoyance with that site is how incredibly slow it is, but the quality control is pretty bad and the tab accuracy on the whole is a LOT lower than powertabs.net. Granted, at least it doesn't go down all the time like the powertabs site, BUT it is still vastly inferior imo.

I agree that the Powertabs site generally has more accurate tabs. I just hate using the program so much that I usually find myself down at MySongBook regardless. The one thing that really irritates me is that PowerTab always sets my MIDI volume to max when turned on, making the sound clip and destroying my uniform playback normalization levels (I like the wav to sound as loud as the MIDI etc. etc.). I still haven't worked out how to stop it doing that.

I prefer Guitar Pro, because of the interface. Generally the tabs are more accurate on the powertab site though, and it's nice that you do not have to pirate PTab. I use guitar pro cuz it's easier to tab, simply, and mostly for my own riff-ideas, wanting to hear drums too. I've done a couple of EoS tabs for mysongbook.com, but the rest is my own stuff (extremly good way to store riffaz, which could later on be introduce to one of my bands or simply recorded by myself)

Yea, some friends of mine are fans of GuitarPro simply because you could tab out riff ideas and have them there for future refference. I've always been more about plugging the guitar in and actually recording it - it just feels less mechanical. You always have that option of altering the notes in GuitarPro to see what 'fits' best, and I've never been a big fan of that. The songwriting process tends to be more natural when you rely entirely on yourself.

I Prefer GP over powertab also, the layout is much easier to use than PT (and you can do pretty much all of it on keyboard, just learn the shortcuts :))

On page 2 People were talking about floyd rose's.....I have an Ibanez with floyd rose and i fucken cant stand it. i suffered with it for just over a year, it always went out of tune, it was awful. Finally got a Les Paul Gibson last year and i haven't touched the ibanez since :)

Tremolos are good if they're a high quality model. They aren't meant to detune a guitar - that's just a symptom of badly set-up guitars and low-end tremolos (in most cases some form of licensed Floyd Rose).

As it is though, I'm sick of dealing with them and all the problems they bring, so my next guitar is going to have a string-thru bridge.