The Grand Conjuration tabbed (roughly)

ok man, i now see you as an idiot too, i'm going to Assume that you are american, seeing as you write the word "math", like its singular rather than plural or something. but thats ok i forgive you. its a shame a great band like opeth have so many idiots for for fans, including me it would seem to you. most threads i read on here get insulting which is really wrong for a forum which is meant to be for fans of the same band. i really did think most guitarists on here would share the feeling about drop tunings, oh well.

I'm a guitarist and I think drop D is fine. Sure, all the sucky emo bands use it but they use it because it's easy and they can barely play. As long as it's used logically, it's fine.

ah yeah, i like your friendly, nice, logical answer. i find it hard to tune my guitar around all the time with the floyd rose, it's difficult and time consuming. wish i didnt have it now so i could mess around with different tunings easily. sticking with C for a while.

Heh, no problem (Although if you've been here a while you should expect that kind of stuff from Gunhaver (Looking for a Job).) And yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like different tunings using the Floyd. Wish I had a guitar with one of those. Hell, I wish I had another guitar period.

i have a bc rich with a floyd and i HATE it...not only do i never use the floyd, but yes...it makes tuning a pain in the ass....but man, i'm sorry, its not right to assume that dropping = dumb. you're hating that tuning because of the types of bands that use it...that makes no sense.

mh...i also prefer standard E tuning to dropped D. not because it is 'better' because there is no such thing as a superior tuning but i think you can hear more details in standard E (due to the notes averagely being higher and better/clearer harmonics imo...). there are lots of bands which tune to dropped D and make shitty music but there are probably even more bands that use standard E and sound shitty, this isnt a guideline.

ok everyone so i totally see your point(s), but i was anti drop because all the bands i love didnt use it, and it looked like bands that i see as inferior did use it. thats pretty much blown if opeth are using drop d in this album, thus my dissapointment and posting on here. meh, totally outnumbered so i give up.

LaughingAtMe said:
i post my opinion and i'm an idiot? cheers. i didnt think posting opinions would induce personal insults.

Its a close minded opinion. And so you will get close minded replies.

So in the end, you're still an idiot.

BTW, you morons who don't use powertab should dive off a very large balcony.

good job as always wankerness. :wave:

LaughingAtMe said:
ok everyone so i totally see your point(s), but i was anti drop because all the bands i love didnt use it, and it looked like bands that i see as inferior did use it. thats pretty much blown if opeth are using drop d in this album, thus my dissapointment and posting on here. meh, totally outnumbered so i give up.

They've used it before...shouldn't have been a surprise at all. They like it. And what was with the derogatory american statement? Pretty worthless IMO.

i wasnt aware opeth used drop tunings before...? the american insult was to repay the personal insult of calling me an idiot straight away, 'math' is a typical american thing thats all. it's really wrong that i post an opinion / comment and get called an idiot for it, forums should be laid back cool places, didnt expect such an argument. btw powertab is cool but i like guitar pro more, has proper drumming and other instruments.

thanks, wank. great as always.

LaughingAtMe said:
i was anti drop because all the bands i love didnt use it
You just described yourself as "anti-drop." Some people are anti-Bush, anti-abortion, or maybe anti-war. You are anti-a-certain-guitar-tuning. Do you see why the word idiot might come into play here?

meh, totally outnumbered so i give up.

being outnumbered has nothing to do with it - completely dismissing any music because it's played in a certain tuning is simply idiotic.

ah, hopefully you've learned why you're wrong now. :)

people are putting words in my mouth now, i dont dismiss music played in drop, i do listen to it, and i've played in drop. The bands i love most happen not to play in drop (at least most of the time) and i didnt prefer them Because they play in standard, its coincidence, so i naturally progressed into seeing drop as for kinda inferior bands - to my taste. I was simply dissapointed at the fact that Maybe opeth have used a drop tuning. And yeah i said i was outnumbered and gave up ages ago, so stop and i'll stop.

Looking for a Job said:
demon of the fall + blackwater park + grand conjuration = drop d

I was not aware that they used Drop D in these songs either. I don't have any problem with down tuning, I have a problem with Drop D because instead of doing a powerchord you can just play the same note with one finger which makes for simpler music (even though powerchords are simple anyway), but in Opeth's case it doesn't matter anyway because they rarely use any powerchords. Most of my favorite bands down tune, just not to drop D.