The Grand Conjuration tabbed (roughly)

Although I disagree with Laughingatme's opinion I support him wholeheartedly. This forum almost without exception degrades into hurling insults, venting off at otehr members and generally being fucktards. I think its disgraceful and especially in a forum for a band like Opeth. It also seems like Lookingforajob decides to take delight in digging his claws into anybody who says something tha the disagrees with, but he does it in such a way as to get people's backs up and he does it on purpose. In almost every single thread gunhaver makes at least one comment that's unecessarily confrontational and without a doubt, a single doubt, he will reply to this in the same kind of way. I don't know how to do it but I think he should be banned, without him this forum would be less confrontational and more relaxed, we could talk without having to pu tup with his middle-aged-man messages. Anyway this will probably be met with a predictably sarcastic or confrontational reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it sickening how he has to resort to it each and every time.

They really should do something, it cant be that difficult to ban someone can it?

And gunhaver, your reply shows nothing, its not clever and would have been better had you not bothered

Nairolf said:
Although I disagree with Laughingatme's opinion I support him wholeheartedly. This forum almost without exception degrades into hurling insults, venting off at otehr members and generally being fucktards. I think its disgraceful and especially in a forum for a band like Opeth. It also seems like Lookingforajob decides to take delight in digging his claws into anybody who says something tha the disagrees with, but he does it in such a way as to get people's backs up and he does it on purpose. In almost every single thread gunhaver makes at least one comment that's unecessarily confrontational and without a doubt, a single doubt, he will reply to this in the same kind of way. I don't know how to do it but I think he should be banned, without him this forum would be less confrontational and more relaxed, we could talk without having to pu tup with his middle-aged-man messages. Anyway this will probably be met with a predictably sarcastic or confrontational reply. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it sickening how he has to resort to it each and every time.

Let's keep this on topic, please. This is your first warning. Should you choose to continue this line of conversation, you will be banned. Thank you.

Nairolf said:

I agree with you, but he got us The Grand Conjuration rip :D we must bow to him. :worship:

Ease up guys, I have absolutely no idea how a thread about tabs can be turned into a flame war.

@looking for a job: We realize that you have the potential to be a constructive member of the community, but you have to recall that we have warned you many, many times. The last time round Deron almost banned you permanently, so I'm really serious when I say that you should really try to keep your tongue in check from now on. The announcement at the top of the forum isn't there to try and make the place look pretty - we are dead serious, and we are keeping tabs on people.

This goes out to everybody on the forum. The ability for people to degenerate civil threads on here so commonly is disgraceful.

Moonlapse said:
...and we are keeping tabs on people.

Ahahahahahahaha!

Now the thread is almost back on topic....

Nice tabbing, though. It'll be interesting to see how "on" the tab is with the high quality version in a few weeks.

Edit: Is it just me, or did hearing this make the song a whole lot less interesting?

I personally find Guitar Pro alot easier to use. The interface of PowerTab just seems needlessly convoluted to me. As far as note accenting and stuff goes, it seems to have more versatility, but I think the pros of Guitar Pro just outweigh it.

Moonlapse said:
I personally find Guitar Pro alot easier to use. The interface of PowerTab just seems needlessly convoluted to me. As far as note accenting and stuff goes, it seems to have more versatility, but I think the pros of Guitar Pro just outweigh it.

Guitar pro only shows one guitar at a time, and if you're actually ENTERING that tabs it's about 30000x easier to do it in powertab. Finally, powertab's output actually resembles a tabbook, while guitarpro just...doesn't look so nice. I dunno. The ONLY things I like about guitarpro are the fact it can do drums and the fact it can have unlimited tracks (or at least more than powertab). It's bad software and should NOT cost money.

As for hearing the tab making the song sound less interesting, it really IS a pretty boring song riffwise. I'm not missing anything that's going on besides the keyboard in some parts, I'll probably add the synth strings when I do the bass, but it will still probably not sound real interesting. The first few riffs are just lame, and they are played for the first few minutes AND the last few minutes. Quite unfortunate.

I find tabs much easier to write in Guitar Pro. I've tried both pieces of software, and as I said, I find the interface alot more intuitive and logical on Guitar Pro. I also find the way Guitar Pro displays its tablature fine - definately no problems on this end.

I agree about the riffs in the song though. It's a shame, but I think Opeth were trying to focus on making the synths work to their advantage, and making the collective song sound good, despite the individual parts being boring.

HAHAHAH who the fuck pays for software???

Come on, its there in a shop with a fucken :yuk: $$$ :yuk: tag on it and on the internet its there with a fucken tag saying " :tickled: COME ON BITCH PIRATE ME!! :tickled: "

Pseud0 said:
that is true...

How much do they charge for it anyway?

I dont know, i just know Id rather save all my pennies up for a nice Bass head and Cab then pay some money for something i could get for free.

The thing I like the most with GuitarPro is that you can switch between different instrument tracks while playing the song. In Powertab you have to stop playing the song in order to switch to bass track. The only advantage I really see with Powertab over GuitarPro is the aforementioned feature to show multiple guitar tracks on the same page, but atleast I got over it quite quickly.

Having said that I too was Powertab-believer in the beginning, but after a while got into GuitarPro and now I use Powertab only as a last resort.

Moonlapse said:
I'm not sure actually. I don't imagine it costing more than $30 US.

Actually I think it's 40. Of course I pirated it, but it's still trouble to have to find torrents all the time cause it keeps getting updated :D

Anyway I just like being able to go through and type in my whole tab without having to use the mouse very often, and either you can't do that in guitarpro or I haven't figured it out yet. The other main drawback of that program is most of the tabs on mysongbook just SUCK, especially the opeth tabs (the section has tabs that are like, 1/7 the song...how do those get added to the site!) that weren't copied from me. >:E