Burzum - Burzum/Aske [Remastered]

tumblr_lfi10hoaoC1qfpmg7o1_500.jpg

"Burzum" has to be one of those albums that you remember for introducing you to the whole black metal scene but like the majority of people. We all discovered this album edited. This will be the 3rd time that this album has be released but finally, this time however, it will be released in its complete form. This edition features both "Burzum" and "Aske" versions of "A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit." Finally, the listener can compare both the shortened and extended versions of a great song.

As for the sound quality, well... its not really a remaster, its a re-issue at best. The sound still sounds respective to its original releases but just packaged differently. You can still hear more bass in the "Aske" tracks than the "Burzum" tracks [which are more treble based.] Although, there is no real "remaster" for these releases, the real bread and butter is the completion of the albums.

For a while, the song "A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit" has appeared in different compilations at different speeds. The releases sometimes never really had the actual track. The only real way was to obtain the original two hundred dollar edition of "Burzum" and listen to it there. Thankfully, this edition will finally save me a few bucks.

I highly recommend this edition because its finally complete. I really wish the company would have spent a little more for a better packaging but then again... this is black metal so it ain't so bad. This edition of the compilation is released on CD and vinyl so look for it at stores and on the Burzum.org site linking to distributors.

Download Burzum - Burzum/Aske [Remastered]