Burzum - From The Depths Of Darkness

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
Vargs favorite tracks from his two first albums "Burzum" and "Det Som Engang Var" recorded in 2010 the way he orignally intended!!

1. The Coming (introduction)
2. Feeble Screams from Forests unknown
3. Sassu Wunnu (introduction)
4. Ea. Lord of the Depths
5. Spell of Destruction
6. A lost forgotten sad Spirit
7. My Journey to the Stars
8. Call of the Siren (introduction)
9. Key to the Gate
10. Turn the Sign of the Microcosm (Snu Mikrokosmos' Tegn)
11. Channeling the Power of Minds into a new God

I highly doubt the vocals will be anywhere near the level they were back in the day. Will be intested to hear any changes that he's made.
Still strikes me as kind of unnecessary though.

There is a cover for it, but I couldn't copy the img location from my email.

Honestly i don't know what to think about that "recorded in 2010 the way he orignally intended"...

I like how these albums sound and i can't imagine them being any better with modern production...

I think to be fair, he was always unhappy with a lot of the stuff he recorded.
But I think it's more than just production, I think there are going to be actual musical/structural changes in parts. That's what past interviews lead me to believe anyway...

I for one always hated that pig getting slain vocal shit he did back in the day.

Problem being though that the production nowadays is only worse. How much better can it get really? Same producer, same studio, even shittier guitar/pickups than before...

I don't think he was unhappy with the production though. He's said clearly in several interviews that he wanted to do something totally anti-pop production. Instead of using better equipment available, he used a telephone headset to record vocals, little practice amps for recording, crappy mic's, etc. He's said he purposely made it sound awful to capture what the music stood for... just something completely anti whatever was going on with modern production at that time.

That being said, I hope he doesn't do a modern production, as that will completely be hypocritical of what he supposedly stood for.

AFAIK, and hopefully someone from Norway who has been to Grieghallen in Bergen will interject, it's a completely analog studio, tape and all. Some of the records from there came out fantastic in my opinion. Maybe not the best in AE standards but with texture that was definitely conducive to the music made, and some of them, well, not so much. I highly doubt he used a telephone to record vocals on any of his releases besides Filosofem, where he just might have, as well as the rumour he used a tape player in the place of an amp (getting the tape stuck will produce massive amounts of saturation).

It was Filosofem he used an earpeace as a mic for (dunno whether it was a phone or headphones).
And a fuzz pedal into a boombox type thing (maybe a karaoke machine?) instead of a "proper" amp.

Judging by the production of Belus and Fallen it'll just be a modern version of the same sound, which I happen to enjoy.
And as I said previously, I think it's being re-recorded because he doesn't like some of the music, not the production.

BYE009CD.jpg

Release date - 28/11/2011

He got such a huge debt to the norwegian goverment because of the churches he burned down that he had to start a rap supergroup along with the ressurected 2pac, John Lennon and Kurt fucking Cobain to pay down his debt.

We're speaking millions of dollars added EACH YEAR.

So no, no income of Burzum no matter what he does :)

I don't think he was unhappy with the production though. He's said clearly in several interviews that he wanted to do something totally anti-pop production. Instead of using better equipment available, he used a telephone headset to record vocals, little practice amps for recording, crappy mic's, etc. He's said he purposely made it sound awful to capture what the music stood for... just something completely anti whatever was going on with modern production at that time.

Yup, this is true.
I believe it was one of those old grey Creative microphones:

1434539_101110114558_IMAGE_340.jpg

And i read somewhere that he cut open the speaker of the amp with a knife to get the sound that he wanted(I doubt that this is true though.).

That being said, I hope he doesn't do a modern production, as that will completely be hypocritical of what he supposedly stood for.

All that i hope for is that they lock that damn nut job up again!
Seriously, he is mentally ill and should be behind bars for life.

I have my own theory on Vikernes but as its not gonna matter to anyone i'll just say that while I want nothing to do with his political views or actions from his teens, the man has made some inspired and profound music which has miraculously managed to remain untainted by his dubious agenda. There is not a shard of any "ism" or any such ideological garbage in any Burzum lyric, making the music suitable for consumption, and crucially inoffensive, to anyone of any belief, race or ethnicity, if there is I would appreciate being corrected :)

I have my own theory on Vikernes but as its not gonna matter to anyone i'll just say that while I want nothing to do with his political views or actions from his teens, the man has made some inspired and profound music which has miraculously managed to remain untainted by his dubious agenda. There is not a shard of any "ism" or any such ideological garbage in any Burzum lyric, making the music suitable for consumption, and crucially inoffensive, to anyone of any belief, race or ethnicity, if there is I would appreciate being corrected :)

There isn't man, most of his lyrics are about nature.