Bush on 'In My World' on GOTE bonus disk...

crazy evil dude

New Metal Member
Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
Is it me or does he really kick ass on this song!?

I was listening to PoT the other day and was just thinking how stylistically pretty much all the songs [bar Got the Time] really siut Bushes style of vocals better. Not saying Belladonna sucks or anything but some stuff [eg IMW, Keep it in the Family] just sounds better with Bush.

Tho simulary, I still don't think his GOTE version of Lone Justice is as good as Belladonnas

Great version - I just wish Scott did his intro "They're gonna put me in jail" on that recording.

JohnThrax said:
Ive never heard it, because I dont have the extra bonus disc.

Yer, I don't have the bonus disk either. Don't you hate that when a cd is released and you go straight away and buy it, only to find out that that their was a special edition/bonus edition of the same album ?

Why 'In My World' was not included in the standard release remains a mystery to me - it was one of the best songs on POT..... I would of through that enough people would of voted for it when they had that poll for GOTE ...

ThraxSA said:
Yer, I don't have the bonus disk either. Don't you hate that when a cd is released and you go straight away and buy it, only to find out that that their was a special edition/bonus edition of the same album ?

Why 'In My World' was not included in the standard release remains a mystery to me - it was one of the best songs on POT..... I would of through that enough people would of voted for it when they had that poll for GOTE ...
Yeah. like the real big fans go get it on release day, and then a week later, a better edition comes out. That does tick me off. When I ran out to pick up Beck's new album, a week later a Special Edition DualDisc with 5 xtra tracks came out. GRRRRRR!!!! Same thing when I bought SOAD's Toxicity, a couple of weeks later there was one with videos and Live Footage, Fuck! I guess we gotta buy the same album twice.

I think these 2 versions of GO2E are from different parts of the world - I think the one with the 3 bonus tracks is from Europe(?).

The band is certainly not out to get you to buy 2 different copies, I'm sure.

But yeah, that does suck when it happens. I'm a sucker who bought both.

yeh, my ones a European edition from Nuclear Blast.

It's like when I got WCFYA with accoustic safe home and we're a happy family and a disk will a load of SoWN and 442 b-sides... ho hum.

Tho serriously, I feel for ya. Just got Alive 2 imported from your part of the world only to discover that over here we get Lone Justice on there...
BOLLOCKS!

Even if they wanted to put the 2 extra tracks, they couldn't have done it, Not enough time on the CD, specially since IMW is pretty long.

Here's what I did though, I first bought the US edition, then the European Edition, and since the European Edition was a lame Digipack, I ditched the godamned thing and sticked both CDs in a double Jewel case with the US edition booklet. Funny thing about it is that the CD colors of the European edition match better the colors of the US edition's case (lighter colors) and the US CD matches better the Eurpean Digipack (dark colors)....

Boy, I really have to get me a life...

I thought that was a great Version of that song. That, Deathrider, and Panic were probably my 3 fav of the GOTE.

Thrillho said:
I thought that was a great Version of that song. That, Deathrider, and Panic were probably my 3 fav of the GOTE.

I still think Keep it in the Family was the best re-make. Closely followed by Panic and Deathrider.

timmyc said:
I still think Keep it in the Family was the best re-make. Closely followed by Panic and Deathrider.
Keep it in the Family is truely awsome on this album...

tho I think Metal Thrashing Mad is being overlooked... Bushes screams on that are fucking excellent!

in my world is one of my fave, if not my fave thrax track ever, john not only matches joeys original vocals, he destroys it..... the guitar sound on this album is just killer, wish i could get the same sound ( not paying 150 quid for one pedal with four knobs on)

150 is cheaper then spending 2 grand on the guitar and 3 grand on the amp - but I still agree with you! 150 is way too much for a pedal that more or less only does one thing.

esp as for the same money you can get digitechs rp200 or 300 or a bit more, which whilst not good for live stuff, for pissing about and for the money are ruddy bargains considering the range of stuff you get out of it. dont get me wrong i'd love the black 13, but not for one sound with a few bendy parameters , too skint for that

i do have the 2 grand guitar tho ;) think it will be a lifetime before i get a 3 grand amp.....or 2 grand fx units etc etc..... why's stuff so pricey? harumph.

DumbAss said:
Yeah. like the real big fans go get it on release day, and then a week later, a better edition comes out. That does tick me off. When I ran out to pick up Beck's new album, a week later a Special Edition DualDisc with 5 xtra tracks came out. GRRRRRR!!!! Same thing when I bought SOAD's Toxicity, a couple of weeks later there was one with videos and Live Footage, Fuck! I guess we gotta buy the same album twice.
That's what some bands/labels are trying to do to boost their sales numbers (movies do it to when they release "special editions" a couple months later with "tons of special features" like a spanish language track and the trailer), but it makes a pretty good case for downloading, doesn't it? Most of the time, if it's something I'm anticipating, I already know about the different versions and so I'll just wait and get the "special" version instead of paying twice...or download the "special" content instead.

In GOTE's case, I don't think it was intentional to boost numbers, as the versions were released at the same time by two different labels on two different continents. Fortunately, I knew well in advance of the different versions, and pre-oredered the Nuclear Blast version from Europe. It was worth the wait, especially since it ended up only being $2 more than what I would have paid in a store here, and it arrived in the mail 3 days after the release date. Top marks for Nuclear Blast (and we all know what Sanctuary can kiss).

nafnikufesin said:
Top marks for Nuclear Blast (and we all know what Sanctuary can kiss).

I'm glad I waited for Alive 2 to get an European release, we get both the CD and DVD in one package when it comes out in 2 weeks time. Nuclear Blast give good value:worship:

Mickenglanduk said:
I'm glad I waited for Alive 2 to get an European release, we get both the CD and DVD in one package when it comes out in 2 weeks time. Nuclear Blast give good value:worship:

i usually just go thru amazon,they always have diff formats of releases and u just pick one with the extras,saves all the fucking around.