Vocalist JOHN BUSH Discusses Future With ANTHRAX, Possibility Of ARMORED SAINT Tour

JohnThrax

Pre Reunion NFMB member
Mar 14, 2004
NY
www.myspace.com
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=42872

On Thursday, October 13, 2005, The Dio Message Board conducted an interview with (former?) ANTHRAX/current ARMORED SAINT vocalist John Bush. A few excerpts from the question-and-answer session follow:

The Dio Message Board: First things first, John. How are you and the family? Enjoy being a dad?

John Bush: "I love being a dad. It's exceeded all of my expectations. Our child is so awesome. She's so nice!! My wife is also great and we're enjoying spending lots of time together. I help her with her business. We run a commercial casting facility. She just cast the new KORN video."

The Dio Message Board: I don't want to harp on about the current ANTHRAX situation, so I'm only going to ask one question to you on this. I find it ironic that when you first joined ANTHRAX many fans wanted Joey Belladonna to remain in the band and now he's in the band all these years later many more fans want you back in ANTHRAX! At this stage are you still available for ANTHRAX in the future or do you feel that the door is closed on this?

John Bush: "Well, I guess people are fickle, aren't they?! [Laughs] Sounds like a case of 'The grass is always greener on the other side.' I would say, 'Never say never.' But from a standpoint of how to properly live my life now, I need to think of it as over. Otherwise I'd feel stuck in the mud. Not a healthy place to be."

The Dio Message Board: "We've Come for You All" is widely regarded as ANTHRAX's best album by many. What's your favorite ANTHRAX album that you've sung on and why?

John Bush: "I like them all 'cause they're all different. 'We've Come for You All' is really strong. I think the song 'Catharsis' on 'Volume 8' is maybe the best song we ever wrote together. 'Sound of White Noise' was very important cause it showed a ton of growth by the band. No better song live than 'Only'. I'm proud of them all. 'Random Acts' on 'Stomp' is one of the heaviest things I ever sang."

The Dio Message Board: The ANTHRAX live DVD from last year was awesome and to hear you singing the old-era ANTHRAX was great too. I also enjoyed the "Greater of Two Evils" album you followed it up with. Most notably the musical change of "Deathrider". Any thoughts about this album?

John Bush: "Well... I think it's a cool record, especially the philosophy of it. Me singing those old songs on a record. I stuck my neck out there, but [I have] no regrets. Unfortunately, the reunion tour happened shortly after it came out, so I don't know if that sent the best message. But I still think it came out pretty good."

The Dio Message Board: And so to the future. What's next for John Bush? Many fans are wanting a new ARMORED SAINT album and full tour. What are the chances of that happening?

John Bush: "Don't know yet. I think time will help figure it out. Music has been my life, but sometimes a break gives you clarity and I think that's happening now. Whatever I do, I want to do it from a place of love, not need. Nothing is in the works yet. I'll let you know."

Read the entire interview in the "Don't Talk to Strangers" forum at The Dio Message Board (free registration required).
--------------------------------------------------

I guess the John Bush claims are, in a sense, validated :(

although "never say never" sounds good to me. maybe they can make a song out of it

AlexStomp said:
He's got such a recognizable voice. I wouldn't be suprised if he did commercials, voice overs, radio, jingles etc etc.

and probably do quite well for himself,his wife sounds like she would have plenty of contacts.

mrthrax said:
and probably do quite well for himself,his wife sounds like she would have plenty of contacts.

I could totally imagine him making the introductions on late night tv talk shows when they list off the guest line up of the night.

What the goddamned hell is everybody talking about, he's a metal singer

Notice he mentioned his wife's casting business. That's how they get along with out him working in any band. Some folks on the board had wondered about.

jdelpi said:
I think it's men who find it hard to believe a woman can support a family... :err:

We would do ok over here with my salary if it wasn't for the child support we have to pay for my husband's kids. Since I met him when his youngest was 3 1/2 and she just turned ten, we still have 8 years left. :cry: Child support is important but damn I wish it was over with already. You're right though. It's hard for most people to think that woman can support a family, and its not just men that have that thinking.