bush still rules, Anthrax really screwed up

Nice response. Do you really think the JB era of Anthrax, especially Vol. 8 and Stomp will be included in the 'legacy' of Anthrax? Give me a break.

Anthrax were consistently inconsistent when John Bush became part of the band. It might not have been his fault that they wrote some of their weakest material with him as the singer but they definitely wrote music "tailored" to his singing and they dumbed down their sound. After POT they managed to create 4 albums with Bush (5 if you count the abortion that is "The Greater of Two Evils"). Only one of them (SOWN) was any good and WCFYA was unlistenable. To put it in it's simplest perspective: before they sacked Joey they were touring theaters and arenas, with John Bush they couldn't sell out clubs.

Those John Bush era albums will not be part of the bands Legacy I can promise you that. Sure there are some people that love the John Bush era Anthrax. (I personally don't know any) But they are out there and are on this forum. However at the end of the day when the book is written on Anthrax. There will be almost no mention of the John Bush era. There will be a tiny asterisk at the bottom of the page saying *John Bush joined and the band changed their musical direction in the mid 90's and early 2000's nearly sending them into early retirement.

If you repeat this at least 17 more times it will make it true. I respect your opinion, but that doesn't make it a fact.

So you are saying the Joey era Anthrax wasn't good music, but the JB era Anthrax did?

Not at all. But you seem to NEED me to so you can argue your opinion.

You keep arguing concert and album sales as proof of your opinion, if that is the fact NKOTB made better music than anthrax. But they didn't, now did they?

if a band that has sold millions of records before only sells 80.000 then the quality of the music is definitely one of the reasons for the lack of sales.

Not at all. But you seem to NEED me to so you can argue your opinion.

You keep arguing concert and album sales as proof of your opinion, if that is the fact NKOTB made better music than anthrax. But they didn't, now did they?

No I don't ever mention album sales as an indicator. Attendance to the shows to me is more important. It speaks volumes when a band like Anthrax couldn't even fill a small club during the Vol 8 and Stomp era. That pretty much says that most Anthrax fans were turned off by this point. All of that aside I base my opinions on what I hear out of my ears. I base it on the change in style Anthrax went through after POT. I base it on what most other Anthrax fans feel about the JB era.

Hanging tough went platinum 8 times. Must have been great then.

I like your passive aggressive nature. Why don't you just say that you love the John Bush era Anthrax and don't like the Joey Era. It is okay to say that. Personally I'd rather listen to New Kids on The Block than most of the JB era Anthrax albums. At least New Kids on the Block has a bunch of chicks at their shows :lol:

Those John Bush era albums will not be part of the bands Legacy I can promise you that. Sure there are some people that love the John Bush era Anthrax. (I personally don't know any) But they are out there and are on this forum. However at the end of the day when the book is written on Anthrax. There will be almost no mention of the John Bush era. There will be a tiny asterisk at the bottom of the page saying *John Bush joined and the band changed their musical direction in the mid 90's and early 2000's nearly sending them into early retirement.

You are 100% right. This is what's happened to Hagar era VH, and they were very successful during that period. For the most part, people only remember one incarnation of a band. And I'm pretty sure that won't be the John Bush era for Anthrax.

I like your passive aggressive nature. Why don't you just say that you love the John Bush era Anthrax and don't like the Joey Era. It is okay to say that. Personally I'd rather listen to New Kids on The Block than most of the JB era Anthrax albums. At least New Kids on the Block has a bunch of chicks at their shows :lol:
Because it's totally impossible to like both. Sure, I prefer the bush era tunes but I own the joey era discs as well. I went to the reunion show.

Again, you seem to NEED this Joey and John crap. It's all you have.

No I don't ever mention album sales as an indicator. Attendance to the shows to me is more important. It speaks volumes when a band like Anthrax couldn't even fill a small club during the Vol 8 and Stomp era. That pretty much says that most Anthrax fans were turned off by this point. All of that aside I base my opinions on what I hear out of my ears. I base it on the change in style Anthrax went through after POT. I base it on what most other Anthrax fans feel about the JB era.

NKOTB had a very successful tour, especially in their prime. Must be great music.

I don't care about either. I've seen some great local bands play to small bars in front of less than 100 people while Lady friggen ga ga plays to sold out venues. It's music, it's preference, and you keep trying to justify your preference as fact.

You are 100% right. This is what's happened to Hagar era VH, and they were very successful during that period. For the most part, people only remember one incarnation of a band. And I'm pretty sure that won't be the John Bush era for Anthrax.

:lol: Please, you're killing me!

The best biography on Van Halen is Everybody Wants Some by Ian Christe, who obviously prefers classic VH, and it's pretty much 50/50 on Roth and Hagar eras. People like different things, but they don't forget.

NKOTB had a very successful tour, especially in their prime. Must be great music.

I don't care about either. I've seen some great local bands play to small bars in front of less than 100 people while Lady friggen ga ga plays to sold out venues. It's music, it's preference, and you keep trying to justify your preference as fact.

There is a big difference. A band that is playing in a small bar that has never 'made it' is a lot different than a band like Anthrax who has had huge success as a Thrash metal band, playing huge venues, and then as the music started to change and go down in quality so did the ticket sales and venue sizes.

That is much different than lady gagga or knotb who have always been huge pop artists.

Anthrax is a well established artist. The fact that their concert attendence and record sales steadily declined once they got a new singer and changed their style speaks volumes.

So your stupid statements about how lady gaga sells out huge venues means she is good is crap. And yes I would rather see Lady Gagga that the JB era Anthrax live. At least there are a lot of hot chicks in the audience.