bush still rules, Anthrax really screwed up

As if Charlie is gonna start writing better songs because Joey is back. So you think he wrote bad songs on purpose with Bush, saving the good ones for the day when Joey would return? Please... Joey had no input whatsoever when it came to writing music and lyrics and you all know this. It's the reason he was fired back in the days. Now that he's back, you all think that Charlie will suddenly write Among the Living part 2?

The new album is just going to be the follow-up to WCFYA, with a different voice. Nothing more, nothing less...

You are all putting Bush down and the albums the band made when he was the frontman. But the fact remains that it was the same guy writing songs, Charlie. With no known input from Joey on the new album, what makes you think the new album will magically materialize into the greatest trash metal album of the decade?

You all love Joey, that's cool with me, to each his own. But I think your expectations for the new album are way too high just because Joey is back...

Peace y'all :popcorn:

I said nothing about the new album.

Anthrax is nothing without JOHN BUSH, I will be buying Armored Saint CD's from now on. I can't wait to laugh at the new anthrax cd with bloey beladonna. Why do youthink they fired him in the 90's?

John Bush did not want to commit to being a full time touring musician. He makes plenty of money doing commercial voice over work that he actually doesn't need to do it. He would prefer to do Armored Saint part time as well as voiceover stuff instead of being a full time member of Anthrax. John Bush said no to Anthrax, not the other way around. You really need to research the facts before you go posting the dumbass shit you put up.

Anyways, I'm glad Bush is out and Joey's back in. I soured on John years ago during the WCFYA tour when he slagged their support band.

I said nothing about the new album.

So what? You said
The Anthrax name wouldn't be worth shit if Belladonna hadn't been the frontman.

That just doesn't make sense. Charlie and Scott have always been the main writers, so the music would've been the same. Belladonna has nothing to do with that. Joey didn't make Anthrax, Anthrax made Joey. And the same goes for Bush.

Anthrax would have been just as big if John Bush sang on all the 80's Albums.Bush is one of the most original voices in metal. I don't associate John Bush with armored Saint I associate John Bush with Anthrax.Armored Saint are very generic, a handful of good songs nothing more.Anthrax have a lot riding on this new record I think it will be one of the best of all.

Anthrax would have been just as big if John Bush sang on all the 80's Albums.Bush is one of the most original voices in metal. I don't associate John Bush with armored Saint I associate John Bush with Anthrax.Armored Saint are very generic, a handful of good songs nothing more.Anthrax have a lot riding on this new record I think it will be one of the best of all.

Well nobody will ever know. I really don't think that if John was the main vocalist in the 80's and on POT Anthrax would have been as successful. John has a good voice but lacks the range Joey had on the 80's material. Back then that is what was 'cool'. Joey adapted and changed it up on POT which was a more 'modern' vocal sound.

Joey for what ever reason fit the Thrash era of Anthrax better. John was good at the slower / grungier / groovier sound that Anthrax changed to after SOWN.

What ever the case is. If Charlie and Scott are writing this entire new album they had better get that power grove fuckin sound out of their system and start thinking THRASH METAL. I wish they could just remove the past 10 years of writing style out of their brains. Anthrax fans want shit similar to Among The Living and POT not Vol.8 and Stomp or WCFYA

I never associate Anthrax with John Bush. I also never associate Nu Metal / Grunge / Power Grove / Power Ballad with Anthrax

Doesn't matter if you like those albums or not, they were made by the same people making the next album. They're part of the band's legacy.

Doesn't matter if you like those albums or not, they were made by the same people making the next album. They're part of the band's legacy.

Those John Bush era albums will not be part of the bands Legacy I can promise you that. Sure there are some people that love the John Bush era Anthrax. (I personally don't know any) But they are out there and are on this forum. However at the end of the day when the book is written on Anthrax. There will be almost no mention of the John Bush era. There will be a tiny asterisk at the bottom of the page saying *John Bush joined and the band changed their musical direction in the mid 90's and early 2000's nearly sending them into early retirement.

Sure there are some people that love the John Bush era Anthrax. (I personally don't know any)

who does? if i mention Anthrax when i'm talking about music with people then they all only know the 80's stuff, i played 'White Noise' for some people but they didn't like it. in '94 i borrowed a school friend my SOWN-tape, he just knew that the band existed but he didn't know their music, when he brought me the tape back he said "they should get a new singer." i said "he is the new singer!!!" lol Bushthrax could only attract a minority of rock fans, real metalheads never accepted them.

who does? if i mention Anthrax when i'm talking about music with people then they all only know the 80's stuff, i played 'White Noise' for some people but they didn't like it. in '94 i borrowed a school friend my SOWN-tape, he just knew that the band existed but he didn't know their music, when he brought me the tape back he said "they should get a new singer." i said "he is the new singer!!!" lol Bushthrax could only attract a minority of rock fans, real metalheads never accepted them.

The funny thing is, it was not Bush's fault, not entirely at least. It was the change of style that killed them, not Bush's voice.

I like Belladonna's voice, stage style and personality better for Anthrax but Bush really is a great vocalist, for metal or nearly any other style of heavy rock. He is amazing in Armored Saint.

Anthrax's fall and Bush's misfortune is that they changed their style so drastically at the same time they changed singers. Thus Bush is the one blamed for it, rightly or not. Had they kept their style and just added Bush, they would not have taken such a drastic fall into near obscurity. Sure, I would have preferred Belladonna but I could live with Bush just fine had they just released thrash metal instead of that watered down grunge/alternative/heavy rock stuff they released.

i never had a problem with Bush in Thrax, i just didn't like 80% of their songs after White Noise and if record-sales tell the truth then there were many more people that didn't like the change of sound.

The funny thing is, it was not Bush's fault, not entirely at least. It was the change of style that killed them, not Bush's voice.

I like Belladonna's voice, stage style and personality better for Anthrax but Bush really is a great vocalist, for metal or nearly any other style of heavy rock. He is amazing in Armored Saint.

Anthrax's fall and Bush's misfortune is that they changed their style so drastically at the same time they changed singers. Thus Bush is the one blamed for it, rightly or not. Had they kept their style and just added Bush, they would not have taken such a drastic fall into near obscurity. Sure, I would have preferred Belladonna but I could live with Bush just fine had they just released thrash metal instead of that watered down grunge/alternative/heavy rock stuff they released.

Yep!

Those John Bush era albums will not be part of the bands Legacy I can promise you that. Sure there are some people that love the John Bush era Anthrax. (I personally don't know any) But they are out there and are on this forum. However at the end of the day when the book is written on Anthrax. There will be almost no mention of the John Bush era. There will be a tiny asterisk at the bottom of the page saying *John Bush joined and the band changed their musical direction in the mid 90's and early 2000's nearly sending them into early retirement.

LOL, and that's why I think you're a moron.