Buty anybody?

NeonMetalDude

Feb 2, 2016
This one's really one band I keep coming back to for a long time. From a musicians perspective Buty have fantastic composition and skill and they also have that unique Czech vibe, which I've not heard quite recreated elsewhere in the world. Production could be better in some cases, but this were old communist/post-communist conditions, so whatchagonnado.

"Duj Duj Duj" - https://player.spotify.com/album/0GROVnJF7LnJEE8eucY5Hg/4WqWbTBD7MOs43gsqiLFsX

(from Gypsy-themed record, great video)

Also, fun story. I live not far away from where these guys live. I've been through a very rough phase in my life and stopped playing music or really listening to music for years. After I've finally overcome my issues and started living again, I felt pretty good about life and thought, what the heck, I'm gonna try and meet the main guy from Buty, who to this day remains one of my music heroes (it's a small country and a pretty tight-knit music community, so this is actually pretty possible to accomplish here). Coincidentally, they played in my area in 2 weeks and the main guy invited me to sit down with him, drink a beer and chat about life. And we stayed in contact afterward for some time. To this day, it remains one of my top music-related memories and I very much appreciate that he took that time for meeting me in person.

Reactions: suckerleaf