Buying a new guitar...

Krondor

Jan 16, 2008
Finland
I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but anyways...

So I'm buying a new guitar. I've been playing a bit over 3 years and I've had my current guitar, Epiphone Les Pau, for 3 years too and now I want a new one!

So I'm asking you guys if you could gimme some advice? I was thinking something like Jackson or ESP-LTD. Kind of like a guitar for playing stuff like Symphony X BUT also that I can play something easy-going and not so heavy stuff you know? So gimme your opinions and stuf... Thanks!

BTW! I want a floyd rose (or fr-style, or whatever as long as it stays in tune) for my new guitar and I was thinking like 700-1000 euros for the guitar.

I'm very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but anyways...

So I'm buying a new guitar. I've been playing a bit over 3 years and I've had my current guitar, Epiphone Les Pau, for 3 years too and now I want a new one!

So I'm asking you guys if you could gimme some advice? I was thinking something like Jackson or ESP-LTD. Kind of like a guitar for playing stuff like Symphony X BUT also that I can play something easy-going and not so heavy stuff you know? So gimme your opinions and stuf... Thanks!

BTW! I want a floyd rose (or fr-style, or whatever as long as it stays in tune) for my new guitar and I was thinking like 700-1000 euros for the guitar.

Check out Caparison's Dellinger or Horus models. Not a lot of dealers out there, but maybe you live close enough to one to try out. I'd also look at the Ibanez prestige line as well. Both brands have guitars suited for different kinds of music. For your price range, the Caparisons would most likely have to be used...Good luck!

Great! Thank you very much!

edit: You guys sure about the price? What I looked they are all like $2000-3000 and that's much more than 700-1000e. 1000e is like $1500

Great! Thank you very much!

edit: You guys sure about the price? What I looked they are all like $2000-3000 and that's much more than 700-1000e. 1000e is like $1500

Which is why I mentioned used...

On Carvin, a friend of mine bought a strat kit that actually turned out really nice, while a guitarist I worked for in the 90's returned 2 neckthroughs due to warped necks. Carvin may very well land in your price sweet spot...