By the pain I see in others

This wasn't always the case for me, but I think By The Pain I See In Others is the best track on Delievrance (only slightly ahead of Fair Judgement.)

Best part of the song? :headbang: Beginning at the acoustic while all chaos breaks lose after that and right to the end is just absolute bliss. This is a fun track to listen to and the only one off this album that still has that "something" to come back to.

I still LOVE Deliverance, Master's Apprentice and AFJ, but I don't come back to them as much as I do BTPISIO.

"lol some ppl here seriously think master's apprentice and wreath are better than BTPISIO...? oh weird is that?"

What's wrong with Wreath or Master's Apprentices then?

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
mh, i think it's the best song off deliverance and it's among opeth's finest. i am not sure about the reversed vocals in the end. i think it'S just really random.

Amen.

Wreath > all songs off Deliverance.

And Opeth does have bad songs. The extra tracks on the first two albums, as well as Still Day Beneath The Sun and Amen Corner.

we have to remember one thing: music is subjective.

now to respond to the song, I think BTPISIO is a great song. I enjoy the intro, it sounds atmospheric. I like the lick towards the end with the acoustic guitars, it sounds sick.

Frostangelstorm said:

And Opeth does have bad songs. The extra tracks on the first two albums, as well as Still Day Beneath The Sun and Amen Corner.

Still day beneath the sun, bad??? Wow, man. Wow.

Maybe the reversed vocs were done to make a joke out of the whole 70-80's if you play the record backwards you hear subliminal messages. Just a thought but very possible.

Katabasis said:
What's wrong with Prologue?

I get chills every time I hear it, anticipating the beginning of April Ethereal. The sound of falling rain also puts me immediately into the headspace of the album.

It's a fucking brilliant beginning to an album if you ask me.

couldn't agree more.. i adore those sort of little skits etc.. It really fits into April Ethereal and the rain sound is so relaxing.. and sends a shiver down my spine. It gives a whole lot more atmosphere.

Katabasis said:
What's wrong with Prologue?

I get chills every time I hear it, anticipating the beginning of April Ethereal. The sound of falling rain also puts me immediately into the headspace of the album.

It's a fucking brilliant beginning to an album if you ask me.

"Prologue" gives me chills as well. The rain and the piano are awesome! You just know only good things are to come. I really don't understand why someone would purposefully find fault with songs like "Prologue" and "Epilogue". :confused: Hello!!! They are meant to be intros and outros to things. They are not to be judged as "songs".

"The Amen Corner is a bad song? Maybe the intro riff isn't the greatest, but man, once the acoustic part kicks in at around 3:15, I think it's one of the best moments on My Arms, Your Hearse.

Frostangelstorm said:

Yeah Wreath is a pretty sweet song (prolly also my favorite on Deliverance), but I feel a little sick agreeing with you there since you think The Amen Corner is a bad song. It's top 5 for me.

Lol, "I hate hip hop".
I think BTPISIO is awesome, but Wreath owns all songs off Deliverance without a doubt. Actually my favourite Opeth song.

Sickman said:
"The Amen Corner is a bad song? Maybe the intro riff isn't the greatest, but man, once the acoustic part kicks in at around 3:15, I think it's one of the best moments on My Arms, Your Hearse.

No way. Best part is when the vocals first kick in. WHITE SUMMERRRRRRRRAAAAAAAA

how can you not love that?