By The Pain I see In Others

I love the intro. There is just something about it that gives it a different feel than any other Opeth song. Then that second riff comes in and also Mikes roars and I just say to myself."Holy Shit!!!"

alienuth said:
yeah, sometimes the poor grammar bothers me too, but i learn to get over it cuz it just sounds so darn good.

well....english is his second language...you cant expect perfection.

its better than trivium....where the song is 'pull harder on teh strings of your martyr' and all he says is 'pull harder strings martyr' :lol:

phagist_ said:
does anyone else love this song? i have been listening to it all day. I especially love the clean part by mike :
"Outside the park
The days move along
And nothing ever changes"
and then the brutal part:
"RISE TO SUBMISSION"
from one extreme to the other; i love opeth:)

what are your thoughts on this song?

Those are my favorite parts of the song too!

The clean guitar in the verse, along with Mikes vocal effects kick ass.

Also when the melotrons or keyboards are playing and then suddenly theres like.. an eerie note that starts to give off an evil vibe. Awesome Song..

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Also when the melotrons or keyboards are playing and then suddenly theres like.. an eerie note that starts to give off an evil vibe. Awesome Song..

so i read that and had this thought: musical saw! if any of u have ever heard one, you know that eerie and evil fit the sound perfectly, so i dug out my saw and played that part of the song and my saw at the same time, actually played it over a couple times and wow, i think opeth should use a musical saw.

This song is part of the reason why Deliverance is my favorite album of all time . Nice to see that so many others appreciate it as well :)

And personally I think it's kinda cute when Mike messes up the words :p

Yeah, this is a really good song, with the whole RISE TO SUBMISSIONNNN... annd the zerg voice works out really well...pwnage of a song

not one of my favs. prob the most random opeth song, that and BRI

THATS RITE U CUNTS!!!

Pirate Drummer said:
What is he saying at around 12 minutes on this song? Anyone know? What language is that in?

its english, but in reverse.

What is the going on at the end of By the Pain I see in Others?

You're hearing the acoustic verse from Master's Apprentices in reverse. Yes, I'm afraid Mikael cannot in fact talk gibberish.

Pirate Drummer said:
What is he saying at around 12 minutes on this song? Anyone know? What language is that in?

That was Master's Apprentices tracked backwards I thought. Could be wrong though. I seem to recall reading that somewhere.

I love the intro to BTPISIO though. I honestly didn't like the rest of the song all that much except the intro, but it grew on me. Great song.

"Discard your clothes
Let loose you hair
We're intertwined forever and have always been"
:headbang:

The least good song on the album but very nice one nonetheless. Great intro and the mellow riff before the first vocals is evil. The chanson (whatever) part is great too, "Outside in the Park..." etc.

That weird ski center music stuff at the end sounds very evil too. As a whole, this is an evil song.

It would be nice to hear this song added to their live setlist.

What a great track. This should be their encore