By The Pain I See In Others

Yeh they're rehearsal tapes really, I don't consider them proper Opeth songs, just something the labels used to get people to buy the albums again.

BTPISIO is definately not Opeth's worst song if you ask me. I can think of several that are worse, although that includes, for me, the whole of Orchid and Morningrise. There's some really cool riffs in BTP...

It's by no means one of their best, but I don't understand why it gets so much hate.

I noticed in that other BTPISIO thread that some people felt the song had good inidividual parts but was too disjointed overall- but Black Rose Immortal is exactly the same and everyone seems to bum that!

I think it is a great song to headbang along it has some kickass riffs and great drum rhythms ( for example at 1:58 ) .

It's by no means one of their best, but I don't understand why it gets so much hate.

I noticed in that other BTPISIO thread that some people felt the song had good inidividual parts but was too disjointed overall- but Black Rose Immortal is exactly the same and everyone seems to bum that!
Odd. BTPISIO others is one of my favorites and BRI just happens to be one of my least favorites if not THE least favorite.