By The Pain I See In Others

OpethOwnsMe

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I have been listening to this song for a couple of days on repeat... At the end of the song, the last 2 minutes or so, the song is really strange sounding... It sounds almost like Pakistani or Muslim music...

Then it hit me...

PLAY THE SONG IN REVERSE!!!

So I took my CD, I ripped it into .WAV format with NERO BURNING ROM, then I opened the .WAV file with Windows Sound Recorder, and I set it to play in reverse. Then I saved the file, and compressed it into MP3 with WinAmp.

I was totally amazed that Opeth had done something like this... I have been listening to Opeth for a long time now... I have 6 Opeth Albums, and I love them all... But this was a real suprise.

I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed what I did, and played the song backwards?

Some of the words are very hard to understand, all I can make out is...

"... cause me ... disappear ... the light showing me what i could do without..."

"stay away ... leave ... long for sleep ... closer now ... lead the way into ..."

Yeah, I figured that the very first time I spun the track, butcouldn't be arsed figuring out howto play it backwards..... Didn't realise that other people on hear had already done that though................

Well, you know, there are better ways to make an entrance than to point something out that is clearly a known and studied fact by all the fanboys (myself included) around here. :D