Bye bye!

Once again Earache show their true side (I knew this was coming though). Personally I think Earache are treating their bands like shit, and that's not a way to run a label. We only had a license deal with them and we never planed on releasing any more albums through Earache anyways. All the bands who were dropped should feel relieved since that's a lot better than sitting there with slave-contracts up your asses, and a label who don't believe in you.

Thanks to everyone here for the encouraging words. It means a lot to know that the bands and I haven't been pissing in the wind these last three years or so.

I wish the end of the label could have been handled more professionally in some respects. It's been a difficult situation, and one exasperated by the fact that Elitist and it's bands were definitely at the bottom of the food chain when it came to prioritising. It's something that on the one hand I could understand, but on the other I had a problem with since it effected me directly.

A lack of communication from the very top was the main reason why things went to pot. The one person who could give the yes / no answers to even the most basic of requests didn't see fit to get involved. It was left to the helpful, but ultimately powerless, staff to take the brunt of all my indignant reasoning. In the end I realised I was banging my head against a brick wall. The best for all concerned was to put the project out of it's misery.

For the record the vast majority of Earache staff are huge music fans and lovely people who do a great job. No complaints there at all and certainly no hard feelings, from this side at least. I enjoyed it while it lasted, and I hope in the future time will have diluted the sour taste in my mouth.

All the Elitist bands are now apparently dropped besides Biomechanical and Ephel Duath. I'm hoping that I've found at least most of them new homes.

News when I have it.

Shit.
I'm pretty much at a loss for words. Elitist Records showcased some of the most original (and some of my favorite) bands in metal, and I'm really sad to see it go.
Cheers Lee, thanks for all the great music, and good luck with To-Mera and whatever other endeavors you pursue!

edit
And how could I forget to wish good luck to all the excellent bands formerly under the Elitist banner?

All our best wishes Lee for the future. It's been great to work (a little) with you.:worship: Thanks for what you're doing for the metal scene and the bands mixing disco with death metal (I'm talking about Wolverine of course :D ).

We feel sad and relaxed at the same time.

I especially wish all the best to our former labelmates now homeless. Let's keep in touch guys here for example...!

Keep up the weird work y'all ! :loco:

:wave:

Wow, this is weird news, that can only be expected from Earache.
I always thinked earache was a dark-alley-label, but this makes it look more like a goddamn gypsy-label behalf of their behaviour on this matter.

Lee has done great job, and I bet it has been extremely nerve wrecking to try to get some answers from the "heads" of Earache and try to make things work. It's like a bad food chain, where all the bands want answers so they could schedule studios etc. So they must go to Lee... and then Lee tries to get answers from the top, where they just ignore you. Then it all falls on Lee's shoulders and tadaaa... he smokes again, trying to escape from this maddness with a lung cancer.

I can only raise my hat to Lee.
To a man who loves the music itself, not the bussiness, and tries to do what ever he can to improve the music world and help new bands.
But I guess Lee finds his way to continue this great work some other way.

I wish all good to you Lee! :headbang:

Cheers for all the great bands you brought us Lee, I hope things work out better elsewhere.

As for Earache, from the sounds of it they may have lost Decapitated (one of their last big sellers) as well...

I'd also like to thank Lee for the time at Elitist. It's not often you find reliable and genuinely nice people in the music business but Lee is definitely one of those guys and I am extremely thankful to have crossed paths with him. Hopefully we'll stay on the same path in the future as well. :Spin:

I speak for all the guys in Wolverine when I say that I am positive the future will be a much brighter one without Earache at our side.

Take care!

/Stefan