C3 Multiband Compressor???

Mortal_Dezire

Mar 31, 2007
Kearney, NE
www.myspace.com
Alright, question-

I've been looking into multiband compressors and I found this as a shareware plugin. Anybody familiar with this? The manual sucks shit and I've only been able to get some decent sounds out of using the presets.

I was trying to see if I could use this program to recreate Andy's C4 setting to control the low mid parts of my guitars, (I'm too white trash to be able to afford anything made by Waves!:cry:).

I'm still new to the whole multiband compression thing, so any help is definately appreciated.

btw- hear's the link: http://www.macmusic.org/software/view.php/lang/en/id/2916/

Alright, question-

I've been looking into multiband compressors and I found this as a shareware plugin. Anybody familiar with this? The manual sucks shit and I've only been able to get some decent sounds out of using the presets.

I was trying to see if I could use this program to recreate Andy's C4 setting to control the low mid parts of my guitars, (I'm too white trash to be able to afford anything made by Waves!:cry:).

I'm still new to the whole multiband compression thing, so any help is definately appreciated.

btw- hear's the link: http://www.macmusic.org/software/view.php/lang/en/id/2916/

I haven't tried that one.
you can use any multiband for the same purpose though
I just haven't found one that's doing it as good as the C$.....until I switched to Cubase4 ;)
Cubase4's multiband does it even better (for me)....it can easily be set that it only affects the palm-mutes and doesn't affect open chords at all...with the waves C4 I always had the problem that it's either not effective enough on the mutes or coloring everything else too much as well..
but as I said, you can use any mutiband comp for the same purpose, you just have to understand how a (multiband-)compressor works and is set up.

You guys are funny! :lol:

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but everything I was finding online kept talking about mastering. I couldn't find shit on using MBC's on individual tracks. I did some fucking around and I think I may have something that kind of works, but there's still something farting around. I'm not getting a lot of note definition.

You guys are funny! :lol:

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but everything I was finding online kept talking about mastering. I couldn't find shit on using MBC's on individual tracks. I did some fucking around and I think I may have something that kind of works, but there's still something farting around. I'm not getting a lot of note definition.

they work the same on individual tracks as on mastering...that's what I meant when I said "understand how a compressor works and you can use a multibandcomp as well"...
presets won't help you.

really, try to get the basics down first and develop your skills using them, NO preset will help you being a better producer!

I know presets won't help. I don't want to use them. I'm just trying to get some help from anybody who's familiar with this particular program so that they may be able to give me some insight on how to get it to sound good, (other than just fucking with the faders. Tried that.)

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, I'm just trying to learn from some guys that seem like they have their shit together.

I read this forum on almost a daily basis and I have learned a hell of a lot. I'm just trying to learn more.

I know presets won't help. I don't want to use them. I'm just trying to get some help from anybody who's familiar with this particular program so that they may be able to give me some insight on how to get it to sound good, (other than just fucking with the faders. Tried that.)

Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, I'm just trying to learn from some guys that seem like they have their shit together.

I read this forum on almost a daily basis and I have learned a hell of a lot. I'm just trying to learn more.

I understand that, but what you want IS NOT POSSIBLE!
this MBC doesn't work differently from any other MBC and every MBC doesn't work differently from any usual broadband comp (cept that you can compress specific bands of course), so if you understand how a broadband comp works you as well know how a MBC works, nobody can help you here unless you really understand how a usual broadband comp works....and if so you wouldn't have to ask about MBC as well...
sorry, I'd really like to help you and don't want to sound like a dick, but that's how it is, nobody else can tweak it for you and your specific tracks but you.

the contols on this specific MBC are the same as in any other compressor, so nobody will explain these to you either, sorry I can't be of further help

dude on a short, it's the same as a compressor but you can compress specific frequency bands. there is no "sounding good" way, see what part in the spectrum of the track needs to be compressed and compress it like you would do with a normal compressor. for example compress only from i dunno 200hz to 500hz , the bands means in how many parts the spectrum is divided, and you can change those divisions .
this is very basic but to get it started!

Are you guys using a C4, C3, etc. for gtr low-mids on every rhythm gtr channel or one on the rhythm gtr bus?

Are you guys using a C4, C3, etc. for gtr low-mids on every rhythm gtr channel or one on the rhythm gtr bus?

This is actually a good question and i have usually just used on guitar buss but thats only because my computer is pretty weak. I'm curious what the masters do around here??

I also wondered if its better to high pass everything individually that needs it instead of on there buss or the master 2 buss. I ask cause i usually high pass up to 40hz on the master.

I'm trying to use this on my guitars. I know it won't sound as good as a Waves C4, but I'm broke ass and running my own studio.

To anyone that forgot about me, no big deal. I've been busy as hell and I understand that shit happens. If you can still help me, that would be cool.