C4 vs cubase multiband

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
Is there anything particularly different between these two?
I've been using the cubase multiband but the independent gain controls completely throws me off as well as the fact that it seems c4 has no ratio setting as well.

Is it worth shelling out the 100 for c4 or can someone explain to me how to set up andy's c4 preset in the stock cubase multiband?

Thank you!

dude c4 is just another tool, and andy uses it to tighten low mids (if needed)... the andy sneap c4 preset doesnt give you instant sneap sound... cubase multiband is more than fine, start with 2:1 ratio and tweak it from there.

Oh god, spare me the speech I'm not asking or expecting it to give me the andy sneap t0n3z i just wanna know if there's any difference such as ease of use and what not and if c4 has a variable gain control for each band because that confuses me alot I can't figure out where to set the gain I feel like I'm setting it way too low in the cubase multiband.

I used to use Cubase
s Multiband, then McDSP (nice one, Jacob hansen is using it for guitars as well!) then C4....they all work, any multiband compressor will.
THERE IS NO preset that'll work for every thing, neither in Cubase's comp, nor C4 or McDSP....but the principal is the same for all of them

sorry dude, i didnt mean to sound like an ass... yeah c4 has a gain control for each band, same as cubase multiband... check out first how much db you take off, then match it till it sounds good without losing punch... and c4 has range parameter, it rules the ratio of the compression of each band...

so, imho... not worth it :)

No problems dude, I do the same thing all the time when I think people are assuming that gear=sound or whatever but thanks for the advice, I guess I can save that 100 and put it towards my 5150 <3

I used to use Cubase
s Multiband, then McDSP (nice one, Jacob hansen is using it for guitars as well!) then C4....they all work, any multiband compressor will.
THERE IS NO preset that'll work for every thing, neither in Cubase's comp, nor C4 or McDSP....but the principal is the same for all of them

Thanks lasse, I know there's no preset that will work for everything, I just said sneap's c4 preset as a tangible example so that someone could (hopefully) explain how to use it more specifically.

My advice: download the C4 manual and read it. You will understand lot of thing.
Sound smart ass infortunatly but it's probably the best thing you must do.