Krank Rev Jr clips (quick mic vs impulse)

Sweet, I was guessing the impulse clip was the boomier one, since it was most likely a Mesa cab. I GOT IT Y'ALL!!!
They both sounded good though. I actually liked the first one better because it wasn't as boomy, sounded tighter to me.

The KRANKS have some strange voicing that I haven't quite warmed up to yet.

The KRANKS have some strange voicing that I haven't quite warmed up to yet.

I'm starting to notice a weird "looseness" to it that I can't quite describe. It's like you have to play extra tight to make things mesh together. It seems like theres a really sharp attack, and then the rest of the note for some reason reminds me of some sort of big metallic noodle. Like one of those dryer vent hoses. It also gets really fizzy if you turn the gain up too much, so lately I've been keeping it lower than I would normally like. Hopefully I don't start disliking it. It's still a wonderful amp. I just have a bad tendency to start noticing weird things about amps after I own them for a while, and usually it ends in me trading it in for something else. Hopefully that doesn't happen with this one. I can't afford anything else, haha. Mesa needs to make a cheap 20 watt rectifier, damn it!